Car hauling company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car hauling company

Hi A friend of mine needs a car shipped from Minnesota to N.J. , Who would you all recommend ? Thanks , Ed

First name you are going to hear here is Peg's. http://www.pegtrucking.com/

Many here have had good service from Peg. I've heard none otherwise. Not to say there are not others of equal value.

Peg is also a member of this forum and has an appreciation of Studebakers. Her forum profile and a link to private messaging here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...p?3665-pegaleg
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I vote for Peg. Used twice. Always excellent service and very reasonably priced.

Comment

I just used Peg to get my 52 brought from Virginia. I was very satisfied with the price and the car arrived in good shape. I did find out that Peg is really a broker and arranges with various people to make the deliveries. My car was hauled in an enclosed trailer by a driver from New York.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Did they ever recover a truck ( big rig )that was stolen from them recently?
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I have contracted with peg to transport a car from Florida to Wisconsin. So far so good, the car is getting picked up today and will hopefully be here this weekend. A fair price and great communication thus far.
            1949 2R5
            1955 Champion
            1955 Champion Regal
            1964 Daytona HT

Comment

Have used Peg 3 times. Yakima Wa to Kansas City Mo., Minneapolis to KC, Appleton Wisc to KC. Always great service and reasonable pricing.
              \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
              \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

I recently used Alpine, based in Iowa, to bring a car from MA to MT. The fellow's name there is Dave. They used a company based in Washington state that does the run from east to west across the northern US. They had the most high-tech enclosed hauler that I have ever seen and gave great service. Highly recommended!

Comment

another recommendation for Peg!

Brad B, i haven't seen anything from Peg on FB indicating any progress on locating the truck.
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I can vote for Peg's as well. First class and she gives Studebaker people a discount.
                    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Ed, I used Dependable Auto Shippers, DAS to have my Daytona shipped to NJ from Idaho. They have a terminal in Linden, but I paid an extra $50.00 to have it delivered to my front door. You need room for a large truck if you do that, it wasn't on a 53' trailer at this point, but it was probably a 6 car carrier. It was also enclosed transport to their terminal, and open from Linden to Monroe. I think the price was around $1200.00, I can look it up to find the exact price if you want it. I did the entire booking online, and the only person I talked to was the driver when he called to let me know he was delivering it in my driveway.

My only complaint is that the car sat outside in their terminal in Idaho for about 2 weeks before a truck brought it to NJ, so even though I paid for enclosed shipping, the car was filthy when it got to my house.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                      X