SDC Facebook page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC Facebook page?

Hey there! It's been a while since I've poked around here. How is everyone?

I found the SDC Facebook page and was wondering who runs it? I would love to see if active again. It hasn't posted since January, 2012.
    If I could, I wouldn't mind at a crack at running it. I am on Facebook quite often.

I suspect Tom Curtis could point you in the right direction.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That would be cool to see it active.. Easy to share pictures on there and update it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        I suspect Tom Curtis could point you in the right direction.
        Is he on the SDC forum?

Originally posted by 63avanti. View Post
        That would be cool to see it active.. Easy to share pictures on there and update it regularly.
        Definitely. People can share their projects, we can have photo contests where the winner can have their car be the banner picture for a month, we can use it for events.
        It would be nice to see it up and running.

Comment

I don't understand why a Facebook page would be better than the forum we have now. Explain please.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Dilution......
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              Dilution......
              Hmm?

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
              I don't understand why a Facebook page would be better than the forum we have now. Explain please.
              It wouldn't be better. The forum is a wealth of knowledge.
              The Facebook page would just be another thing for the SDC.

Comment

There's no dilution, but plenty of ADDITION. Check out Studebaker Addicts International. Most every day there's some great pictures you never see here due to the cumbersome process required by the forum. Easy to customize to just what you want to see as well.

The forum will always have its place. But Facebook is a huge leap forward.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Oh, and whoever has the page simply needs to make you an administrator. Takes about 10 seconds.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I agree with Andrews ().

I don't think there is any dilution of this forum with the existence of Racing Studebakers, Studebaker Truck Talk, The Studebaker Swap Page, Bob Johnstone's Page, The Antique Studebaker Club, Bill Jackameit's Page, (and many more), PLUS the various SDC local and zone web sites and the Studebaker vendors' sites. I believe they all play a part in promoting the Studebaker hobby. More and different types of a presence on the internet is not a bad thing (IMHO).

I think what may be more important here is that attracting younger people to the SDC has been a real challenge. Us old farts may not use Facebook much or at all...but a lot of young people do. It seems to me that reaching younger people through a medium they use might be worth a try. Ethan has volunteered to give it a go. I think the SDC would be nuts not to take him up on it.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I guess Studebaker Addicts International is on Facebook. I'll slide over and take a look.
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Ethan, as You and most others are saying - it likely would be a really good choice for the young crowd too get familiar with Studebakers. though I'm one of those that has not and may never do Facebook.
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I went to Studebaker Addicts International and spent some time looking. Lots of good stuff. The pictures of the big building full of Studebakers that partially collapsed is heartbreaking. I guess snow did the damage. I decided to join the group.
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thank you all very much for your support!
                            I do my best to spread Studebaker around to my friends. I give a brief history, and name a few movies that have Studebakers. I feel that the page might be a wonderful way to get the word out. A few days ago my roommate had a friend over and I mentioned my Studebaker. And his jaw almost dropped. He has loved Studebakers and almost got one. So we uncovered mine and talked about the Studebaker, and I even hooked up the battery and fired it up. I was excited that more people knew about Studebakers.
                            If I did help run the page, it would slowly build up popularity. And hopefully help get people of my generation into them.

I also joined the Studebaker Addicts. Lets hope they accept my invite! *crosses fingers*

Comment

South Georgia Chapter SDC has a facebook page. It was set up by Josh Pair. But Alas, it's not very active either
                              Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X