Pedal car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal car

Here's a pedal car that doesn't seem like too bad a price......but I really don't know the price of them.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

I think that that is a high price for a pedal car that you have to stretch in order to identify as a Studebaker. As a pedal car, not a Studebaker, I would think around $250 in that condition.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Those models are indeed usually known as Studebakers.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Those Midwest pedal cars are considered some of the best among collectors. I've seen them priced for much more. My take on it is...We're adults...it's a free market...if a price is agreed upon that is suitable for the buyer and the seller...then it's a deal, and that is the way business should be conducted.

If you want it, have the money, and your wife and kids don't go without food, clothes, and shelter because of it...then buy it...they're not making these anymore.

The little Murray cars are being reproduced and that has affected their price as collectables. I have not seen reproductions of the Midwest Industries cars.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

After watching a few seasons of "American Pickers" I would guess the price is actually not too far off and perhaps even a bit low since it has been restored.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The price is reasonable compared to others that I have seen. If it were in the US I might jump on it.

Denny L

Comment

That's a pretty good price and I wouldn't have to build another garage for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                The price is reasonable compared to others that I have seen. If it were in the US I might jump on it.

Denny L
                Denny , if you want we can probably get it to you through Frank or someone at the International
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

About what restored ones are bringing now. Original ones are increasing in value as restos decrease. Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

What year or model "Studebaker" is that supposed to look like ?
                    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                      What year or model "Studebaker" is that supposed to look like ?
                      I see them advertised as 53's. Does have some similarities but like others I dont see that strong of a resemblance. Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

Oooo...yeah, vaguely it's a '53...and it's blue, too...might be the closest I ever get!

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                          Oooo...yeah, vaguely it's a '53...and it's blue, too...might be the closest I ever get!

S.
                          That's pretty much it. What folks who are not really into pedal cars fail to realize, is that, unlike "die-cast" models...pedal cars are not (as a general rule) "scale" copies of the cars they represent. Rather, they are "caricatures" (look it up). When I display my little Murray Champion along with my '48...folks often say, "Oh, now I get it!" However, when I point one out in the absence of a Studebaker to compare it to, there is often a blank skeptical stare.

There are some that do a much better job than others of presenting the look of the car represented. The Mustang or Mercedes pedal cars come to mind. The modern BMW pedal cars I've seen are good examples of presenting more than just a caricature.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Shouldn't there be a windshield and hood ornament on that car ?
                            Klif
                            55 Speedster/Street Machine
                            63 Avanti R2
                            64 Convertible R1

Comment

I would be tempted but common sense tells me no. I sold my goat cart with intention of buying a Midwest. Since the passing of Jan my heart just isn't in to it. I would really like to sell my Studebaker toy collection.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
                              X