1955 conestoga wagon fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 conestoga wagon fenders

Hello,I have a late 55 wagon I was told that it is a conestoga wagon and the commander stands for the v8 model and does have the 259 in it.Please help me with this im new to the Studebaker world.Thanks Ryan { and what fenders would work for me}

If you are talking about front fenders, you can use them from any late (wrap around windshield) 55 two door sedan, four door sedan, or station wagon. It does not matter if the donor car is a Champion or a Commander.

The fenders from the pillared coupe or the hard top will not fit.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Correct, what RadioRay said.
      And yes, Commander is the V-8 and the Champian is the I-6 powered cars.
      The fenders don't care what engine is in the car. Normally just some trim and the dashboards have different layouts.

You might also stop by the Conerstoga site. It's sometimes slow, but people eventually stop by.

Mike

Comment

can anyone help with front fenders or know the best place to look.So 55 champ or cammander are the only 2 donor cars I can use correct.And thanks for the help keep it comin

Comment

What else is there...?

As has been mentioned -
          1. 55 sedan, Champ or Commander, curved windshield
          2. 55 wagon, Champ or Commander, curved windshield
          3. 56 sedan, Champ or Commander (I beleive are the same fenders)
          4. 56 wagon, Champ or Commander (I beleive are the same fenders)
          5. 57 sedan, Champ or Commander (I beleive are the same fenders)
          6. 57 wagon, Champ or Commander (I beleive are the same fenders)

You'll have to verify the 56 and 57, but I think that they are the same.

Mike

P.s. - Next time you are on the west coast, I have a late 55 wagon for sale, good front fenders. Most of the car is in good shape, but for the right rear quarter. I have a good one to fit to it to make a nice car.
          Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 02-25-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

No. That is not accurate.

56 and 57 front fenders are NOT the same as 55.

It's late 55 sedan or wagon only. Look at the shape of the headlight area between a 56 and a 55 and you will see they are significantly different.

To look for parts, there is a Studebaker parts swap page on the Internet, there is a big swap meet in York next week, there are ads in Turning Wheels.

ROY
            Last edited by RadioRoy; 02-25-2014, 08:58 AM.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

What RadioRoy said in posts 2 and 6.
              Only the late 55 sedan / wagon fenders and hood will fit your car.
              56 and 57 sedan / wagon fenders and hood will bolt up to your car BUT look totally different.
              The only trim pieces that will interchange between all 55 sedans/wagons and C/K coupes [both early and late],
              are the headlight rings, the grill center section and bumper.
              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
              X