Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Chicago Auto- Studebaker Lives on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Chicago Auto- Studebaker Lives on...

Hi Fellow Studebaker friends,

I made the trip up to the Chicago Auto Show today and saw some very nice vehicles. Upon one wall at Mccormick's Place, there were several banners hanging, about 6 ft wide and 7ft high showing a collage of portraits from each decade of the previous Chicago Auto Shows. Would you believe that on the 60-69 banner in the top left, showing strong was the Studebaker display showing my Rose Mist 63 Lark (same as mine at least), Avanti and the GT Hawk. I actually acquired this same picture on a poster board that was hanging up in the Studebaker Museum. So, I was shocked to see that image on the banner and glad to know our beloved Studebakers are not forgotten!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicago Auto Show.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1742608Attached are the Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicago Auto Show.1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1742607pics.

Really nice display!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's a photo RQ posted of the '63 Chicago Auto Show from a slightly different angle: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=broadcloth

Craig

Comment

You should talk to their marketing people.
        They sometimes replace those posters to keep things fresh.
        If there's a list, you might get on it and snag the poster.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
          You should talk to their marketing people.
          They sometimes replace those posters to keep things fresh.
          If there's a list, you might get on it and snag the poster.
          Perhaps if enough people ask, they can offer a reprint service for those posters.

Craig

Comment

I was still in high school in Minnesota at that time. I knew what a Studebaker was (I was driving a '51), but was unaware of a "Chicago Auto Show" at that time. I have been there several times since.

Comment

One of the 64 Daytona hard tops I used to own was in the 1964 Chicago show. It was Jet Green. A picture of the Studebaker display was on the cover of the SI catalog several years ago. Production order was two pages long and showed Chicago Auto Show as destination.

Denny L

Comment

Had to pass those pictures on to 2 young engineers I work with

2 young engineers I work with, that are into cars went to the show. I had to pass pictures of the poster and the picture Richard Quinn posted to them. One of these guys has a Lotus Elise, and that made me dig up this picture I took one day at work.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X