Avanti/Stude. Corp. Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti/Stude. Corp. Video

This seems to be a Documentary of something called "Automobiles" about Avanti, but it turned out to be one of the best stories about the Studebaker Corporation History I have ever seen, quite lengthy 48 Min. and complete all the way to what they thought was the Avanti's Death at the time after Altman, after Blake, after Mike Kelly's first involvement when the "Caffaro" Avanti Motors failed in "early 1991".

I thought it was really good, in spite of the normal few misstatements (like the '47 CommanderChampion) and video that did not match the year of the narrative.

If this one has been posted here I did not see it, or it was so long ago that I have forgotten.

Anyway there should be many more Forum Members here now then there were at the time, so here it is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The info posted that I see says that this was posted Jan. 31, 2014 but on WHAT and where I have no idea about how these Videos work, it is being viewed I think on YouTube, using an Adobe viewer.
    Where this originally came from or by who I have no idea. I am curious to know what this means however:
    Avanti : Documentary on the Unique Studebaker model Avanti . 2013 This documentary as well as all of the rest of these documentaries shown here are about imp.

OK you Techies, what the heck is IMP? This Wikipedia explanation did not make any sense in this situation to me:

An imp is a mythological being similar to a fairy or demon, frequently described in folklore and superstition. The word may perhaps derive from the term ympe, used to denote a young grafted tree.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Thanks for posting. I looked a little. Looks very intresting. Gonna watch it all later tonight.

Comment

It is well done....Originally shown on the History channel around 1997.

Comment

I watched it a month ago, it was quite good.

OK you Techies, what the heck is IMP?
        A 70's Hillman

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          The info posted that I see says that this was posted Jan. 31, 2014 but on WHAT and where I have no idea about how these Videos work, it is being viewed I think on YouTube, using an Adobe viewer.
          If you are running a modern browser on your computer, just click the link - it should just show the video. If this doesn't work, then some upgrades are needed for your computer.
          Jim K.
          63 Hawk

Comment

The handsome devil on screen about 20 seconds was yours truly. They shot about 2 hours at my house in Connecticut for 20 seconds of screen time. Most of the literature shown was from my collection. To show the power of their cameras the items were laid flat on my couch and filmed that way. You'll note no fabric showing around literature.
            It was an Interesting experience.
            John Hull

Comment

Working...
            X