Need Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Motor

I'm restoring a 1955 E5 pickup. I need a Champion motor with an attached, properly centered bellhousing. That bellhousing must be the correct one for this truck. I prefer a good motor, one that has good compression and oil pressure and won't need a to be rebuilt before being installed. The motor does not have to have an attached generator or manifold as I already have those parts.
    I live in Minnesota and will do some traveling to get it.

If you are patient the right engine will turn up. There have been some really choice ones in the last few months where someone was removing the six to swap in a V-8. Don't forget to check the Studebaker truck forum and Craigslist.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

....I just saw a complete set up for sale , I think in CA......I think maybe rebuilt........

Comment

You JUST missed one in MN on Craigslist. It ran and everything and came with a trans. It was $500 and was listed for a very long time. hopefully the guy didnt sell or scrap it and will post it back up.

Comment

There's been a couple on craigs list here in Mn in the last few months. One was a 64 not the flat head. I may have a 289 this spring with a 4 sp for sale from a 63 hawk. Not sure if I want to build it or parts it. Pretty rusty and got way to many projects now to get to deep in to another one.

Comment

Keep looking Bill, one will turn up.
            It's too cold and there is too much snow up there to do anything except hibernate anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
              There's been a couple on craigs list here in Mn in the last few months. One was a 64 not the flat head. I may have a 289 this spring with a 4 sp for sale from a 63 hawk. Not sure if I want to build it or parts it. Pretty rusty and got way to many projects now to get to deep in to another one.
              Heck I would be interested in the four speed and possibly the engine if you are looking to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
                Heck I would be interested in the four speed and possibly the engine if you are looking to sell.
                Ditto on that one.

Comment

There was a champion motor , with duel carbs, split manifold running and a ton of extra parts with in the state of Washington, in fact the guy Ben Harrison posted it here a coupe of weeks ago, he called me today and still has it , go back a few pages and you will see what he has, I plan on going back and bring it up again, looks to be a good deal.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Working...
                  X