Packard hearse 4x4 on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard hearse 4x4 on CL

In case someone needs foul weather transportation.

Now that's different.

Comment

I guess you could get to your "Final Resting Place" in the rain sleet or snow! No excuse not to get there! LOL

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

I'll bet he had a hard time finding a B&M shifter for the Ultramatic
        sigpic
        JohnP, driving & reviving
        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Definitely falls into the "Why be Normal" category. That's pretty cool, I wonder what chassis it is sitting on.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I would bet some money that its a suburban chassis. I know they used to swap caddie hearses onto those frames. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. So I'll say keep my comments few. One though, how could you spend 22k and not budget for door panels, or a shifter boot?

Comment

It's would be kinda cool if it wasn't such a fine classy car to begin with. I suppose it's better than rotting in a field somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                I would bet some money that its a suburban chassis. I know they used to swap caddie hearses onto those frames. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. So I'll say keep my comments few. One though, how could you spend 22k and not budget for door panels, or a shifter boot?
                Or a seat... The transfer case lever screams GM.

Comment

I just don't see where the $22k went.

Comment

This is what's known in the hobby as a "Frankenstein Monster" with parts swapped from lawd only knows what.

It doesn't look like any 1953 Packard-Henney I've seen.

The hood with PACKARD letters is from a 1951, the grille is 1951 200. Front bumper is 1951/52. Hood ornament is 1952/54.

The stone guards are 1951/52 400, the rear mouldings are missing. Front fender mouldings are 1951/52 and 1953 Clipper.

Dunno what the headlamps doors are from, they're not from any Packard. Engine appears to be from a chebbie, probably the usual 350.

IMO, this is a prime example of 'a fool and his money are soon parted.' Who would be the potential buyers?
                    Last edited by WinM1895; 02-11-2014, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Really. I agree.

Comment

how could you spend 22k and not budget for door panels, or a shifter boot?
                        All depends on what the chassis/running gear actually is. If it is done right and high-end, that alone could easily hit 20K plus. Maybe the guy had a budget of 20K or something and grossly under estimated what it would take to get it where he wants, and now he's looking to cut his losses.

I think I could make something cool out of that that would be marketable for about another 10K. Unfortunately, that would require a price much less than the 12 K, and that's assuming that the build so far was done correctly. Still, it's kind of cool and unique.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Def a ca. 1971-87 GM 1/2 Ton 4WD frame and the motor is a SB Chevy of some sort.
                          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I noticed that there isn't any battery hold down device!(G)
                            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X