Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern Rods air conditioning: best option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Rods air conditioning: best option?

Hey guys,

I know a few of you have used Southern Rods' Southern Air units to cool your Studebakers. Is there any particular kit of theirs that is best for the Studebaker? If you get their "complete" kits, what other odds and ends did you wind up needing? Aside from thse guys, who else has a decent all-inclusive kit? I've finally got the budget to start re-doing my interior, and getting an AC is one of the areas I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks!

Here's a link to their kits page, by the way.
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

I'm not familiar with this company. You can never go wrong with Vintage Air. Bob Helm in Texas has complete kits

Denny L

Comment

vintage air is what you want southern rods is a lot of tawian junk and there service is terrible im a voice of experience

Comment

Did you manage to contact the guy I mentioned to you? He is the same guy who gave the engine with all the parts. I know he had a complete system that was in his 51 at some point, then pulled because of the power robbing. His was a factory unit. But finding a decent factory set up to use with a modern compressor wouldn't be a bad idea.

Comment

Dan,

Can you PM his details back to me? I think I may have accidentally deleted them!
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
          X