Name:	00404_edE5vIa0FqO_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1742531Click image for larger version

Name:	00W0W_268cU7IWBwi_600x450.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1742532
    This 1953 Studebaker Commander was a project car for my dad in the late 70's and has been in the garage. As far as I can tell it is a 2 door hardtop, and not sure but could be the starliner. For the true collector who would like a project worth rebuilding, this would definitely be a car worth restoring. There is NO rust on the vehicle, and as stated, you will NOT be able to drive it away. Email me with a contact number and I will return your call. Please only SERIOUS buyers.

(Looks like a '54 to me, but judging by the back seat photo he's right that it's a Starliner.)

and

Click image for larger version

Name:	00S0S_8qI0fEugp3J_600x450.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1742529Click image for larger version

Name:	00303_6CEY0MTZDN5_600x450.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1742528Click image for larger version

Name:	00808_dc6o9l7Mt6w_600x450.jpg
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1742530
    For Sale. 1950 Studebaker Convertible for restoration. This rare car has a automatic transmission and also equipped with power top. The original color is a medium blue as seen in the pictures. I have had the car running (on a bottle). It actually runs very good the seals in the automatic transmission really leak though. It did go into forward and reverse after adding fluid then left a nice present on my shop floor. It appears to be complete. The body does have some rust to be repaired but there is a sedan included as a parts car. I was told there were not many if any 50's with a automatic I don't know enough about these to say either way. Please call me if you have any questions. Texts and emails may not be answered.
    Thanks, Chip
    918-782-7774

Rust notwithstanding, the '50 convertible might tempt me if I hadn't just gotten my '53.

(Er, that should be restoration-worthY.)
    Last edited by handworn; 02-08-2014, 08:28 AM.

potential....potential...POTENTIAL!!!

Comment

Man at ten dollars I could even afford to have it shipped home

Comment

Matt, the car is a 54 starliner and looks to be about the same shape your new one is , and I don't think the seller is going to let it go for $10.00 just an opening statement to get your attention, by the way your payment got here ok, also your has power steering rather rare in the 53 cars. thanks..Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Yes, I knew the $10 was just an attention-getter (or they wanted best-offer but were required to put something down, though either way they should have said something in the description). I quite agree that mine is better and am not in the market for another. I just wanted to call the attention of the Studebaker community to these vehicles.

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          Matt, the car is a 54 starliner and looks to be about the same shape your new one is , and I don't think the seller is going to let it go for $10.00 just an opening statement to get your attention, by the way your payment got here ok, also your has power steering rather rare in the 53 cars. thanks..Bob

Comment

Originally posted by handworn View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]32216[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32217[/ATTACH]
            This 1953 Studebaker Commander was a project car for my dad in the late 70's and has been in the garage. As far as I can tell it is a 2 door hardtop, and not sure but could be the starliner. For the true collector who would like a project worth rebuilding, this would definitely be a car worth restoring. There is NO rust on the vehicle, and as stated, you will NOT be able to drive it away. Email me with a contact number and I will return your call. Please only SERIOUS buyers.

(Looks like a '54 to me, but judging by the back seat photo he's right that it's a Starliner.)
            I emailed the seller. He wants $10,000 for it.

Matt, you got a screaming deal!
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Like the '50 convertible. Big plus is it has the original rear window frame for the convertible top.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                I emailed the seller. He wants $10,000 for it.

Matt, you got a screaming deal!
                10K? That seems very high for a car that hasn't even ran in that long. It looks like an excellent survivor, but thats nice driver money. I know that in alot of ways the 54 is the better car, but most people want the actual 1953 studebaker, because thats the year that has become famous. Seeing it in person it might be better than I realize. I don't even need to know to know What he paid to know he got a good deal. Some of the cars Bob told me about were such steals, If getting a car back here was more feasible and simple I would have been all over several different cars he had/has for sale. Even with the cost shippng a car I still think I maybe should have went after a few different cars he had..... But I'm taking a chance with the car I have I hope it pays off And I had some otherreasons at home.

Comment

Still have a 53 commander hardtop, no engine or trans but I do have a few of them, also a nice 53 commander coupe, not as cheap but still in the ball park as the one in Vegas and red too.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Working...
                  X