Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Alabama license plate needed

looking for a 66 Alabama car plate. thanks jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

This company reman's old plates. Might want to check with local DMV if you want to mount on a vehicle. In the process of moving to Kentucky and they issue plates by county. The chances of finding two plates for my two vehicles are going to be slim to none - so this was the type of product that crossed my mind. Good luck.

Expertly created by embossing your custom number on Aluminum blanks and painting the raised embossed number to replicate the original American craftsmanship in manufacturingColors are a black background with HEART OF DIXIE, (HEART) ALABAMA 66, and your custom number painted in white.Supplied with mounting screws and matching screw hider cap covers for an attractive uniform finish.Weather resistant.Dimensions are 6 inches high x 12 inches wide with standard screw holes for American vehicles. Metric Dimensions are 155mm high x 305mm wideThis is an unofficial LICENSE plate and is similar but not identical to original.Free Ground Shipping to all U.S.A. addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
      looking for a 66 Alabama car plate. thanks jimmijim
      JJ

I bought a couple of Michigan plates on-line but Alabama plates seem much harder to locate from those sources. I see a couple of 66 plates on Ebay but not sure if those are the ones you are looking for.

There are always the swap meets but quality ones are getting harder to find.

Good luck, Bob

Comment

Jimmijim8, I sold all of my plates to a fellow in North Alabama that recently told me he is going to clear out everything soon. I'll send him a note and see if he still has them. I had several 66's still in the wrappers. Let you know after I contact him and give you his contact info by PM if he does. John

Comment

62champ, for Kentucky plates, contact Tim Medley Work 502 797 1880 or Cell 812 948 1980, he has a very large collection of Kentucky plates. I would think he will have a space at the KYANA Swap Meet in Louisville on March 8&9

Comment

I might have one. Will look over the weekend.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks for the response folks

Still looking or waiting to hear from someone. cheers jimmijim
              Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
              I might have one. Will look over the weekend.
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

try this http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...6&_sacat=20273

Comment

Thank you John jimmijim

1234567890-098765432
                  Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                  Jimmijim8, I sold all of my plates to a fellow in North Alabama that recently told me he is going to clear out everything soon. I'll send him a note and see if he still has them. I had several 66's still in the wrappers. Let you know after I contact him and give you his contact info by PM if he does. John

Comment

If you find ones that need some work...... I know a guy... He lives right here.
                    Right nor I am pretty well caught up with plate jobs, so could get to it within a couple weeks. Send me a PM.
                    I have already restored plates for several FORUM members.

Comment

I was searching for a 1966 Ontario plate for years to try and match the photo's in the 1966 brochure. I finally found one....then I realised all of the cars in the brochure had 1965 plates and the colors had changed between years.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                        Still looking or waiting to hear from someone. cheers jimmijim
                        Sorry Jim -- no joy. Have 65 and 67, but no 66.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Jimmijim8, the Alabama friend has already flea marketed or traded his plates he got from me, sorry. I looked thru the few I brought over with me, but no 66's here either. I passed it on to other Alabama friends, but which county number are you wanting ? Paul said he may have a friend with some, but they would be county # 20 ( Colbert County ). He said he will still let me know if any of those are available.

Comment

Jimmijim, Paul has found a 1966 Colbert County license plate. Do you still need one ? If so, pm me and I will give you his email address.

Comment

Working...
                            X