Seems like a really good time for someone to start making new C/K fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like a really good time for someone to start making new C/K fenders

In my relentless search for a right front fender for my golden hawk, I found a guy from Vermont on the swap page that has a set of NOS ones for sale, but will take no less than $1500.00 each. Are they really going for this much? I can do a lot of body work on my current fender for $1500.00.Click image for larger version

Name:	fender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1742501

There are new ones - in fiberglass.
    A number of years ago, I remember a NOS pair selling for $1000. They were the last NOS ones that I remember the sale of.
    Last edited by studegary; 02-06-2014, 12:57 PM. Reason: added NOS
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

$1,500.00 for a passenger front,I can maybe see that becoming the going price.less for a driver front,and rears of either side much less,as in about/around $500.00.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Studebaker Int.had a pair of fronts for $3500.00
        The rears are being remade in steel.

Comment

I saw the rears on ebay for $750.00. I found a pair of rears in State College for $250 that needed very little bodywork.

Comment

I never would have thought SI would have any n.o.s.,goes too show You never know if You don't ask.
            Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
            Studebaker Int.had a pair of fronts for $3500.00
            The rears are being remade in steel.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Even $750.00 for rears,I think the re-pops are JUST under $500.00 each. or are You saying $750.00 for the pair ?
              Originally posted by Rocket3pilot View Post
              I saw the rears on ebay for $750.00. I found a pair of rears in State College for $250 that needed very little bodywork.
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

In my relentless search for a right front fender for my golden hawk, I found a guy from Vermont on the swap page that has a set of NOS ones for sale, but will take no less than $1500.00 each. Are they really going for this much? I can do a lot of body work on my current fender for $1500.00.[ATTACH=CONFIG]32155[/ATTACH]
                That's about right. Try and find an NOS fender of a Tri-Five Chevrolet. $1,500.00 won't touch one, if you can find one.
                Bo

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
                  That's about right. Try and find an NOS fender of a Tri-Five Chevrolet. $1,500.00 won't touch one, if you can find one.
                  I can find a pair of 5's and a pair of 7's, if someone wants them for $3,000.00 a pair. No 6's

Comment

In my relentless search for a right front fender for my golden hawk, I found a guy from Vermont on the swap page that has a set of NOS ones for sale, but will take no less than $1500.00 each. Are they really going for this much? I can do a lot of body work on my current fender for $1500.00.[ATTACH=CONFIG]32155[/ATTACH]
                    This one looks totally fixable, there is not even any Rust at the rear edge where it usually is!
                    Yes they are worth $3000.00 a pair, which is why nice, straight, rust free, useable ones should be repaired.

By the way, that is a REALLY strange place for a HOLE!

StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have good front and rears for $600..00 each on fronts and $350.00 on rears. not NOS but just because something is NOS does not mean it is perfect.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

The hole was there when I got it. Had a plate welded to the inside. I think it was cut out to remove the top fender bolt and nut that was rusted and broken. Even at $600 plus shipping from California, I think I will fix mine. Being a newbie, I had no idea they would be this rare or expensive. Im at $11,000.00 on this car already with purchase price and motor work and parts. Just hope I get it done for my parents anniversary in June. Definitely gonna be stuff left that Dad and I can do together.

Comment

Since Goodmark now offers repop 1953-61 C-K rear fenders; I'm amazed that no oe has ponied up new fronts since they for any C-K to the best of my knowledge.
                          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

It's funny that this should come up on the site today. Because I was just going though a stack of old invoices that came with my 64 hawk from the second owner when he restored it back in the early 70's. There is one for a lt front fender from Newman&Altman dated 10-5-1973 for a price of $34.95. LT&RT unpadded sunvisors $1.95 each, Std hood ornament $3.50,Red white &blue door emblems $11.00 each.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                              It's funny that this should come up on the site today. Because I was just going though a stack of old invoices that came with my 64 hawk from the second owner when he restored it back in the early 70's. There is one for a lt front fender from Newman&Altman dated 10-5-1973 for a price of $34.95. LT&RT unpadded sunvisors $1.95 each, Std hood ornament $3.50,Red white &blue door emblems $11.00 each.
                              I need to hitch a ride with Michael J Fox on his next trip "BACK TO THE FUTURE"

Comment

Working...
                              X