Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve Cover Grommets and Gasket Set Part Numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Cover Grommets and Gasket Set Part Numbers?

I got lost on SI trying to figure out what I needed so I bring my query to the club. Trying to track down what I need to order for a 1960 259 Lark VIII. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

During the 1960 Model Year the Valve Covers were changed from the more squarish 4 Hole Type to the more rounded 2 bolt hole type.
    The late '60 Gaskets fit all the way to '64 so most '60's get those and (4) Grommets, otherwise early type and (8) Grommets.

I stock or sell all Studebaker Parts right here in Washington, how many Sets do you want!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-04-2014, 11:41 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      During the 1960 Model Year the Valve Covers were changed from the more squarish 4 Hole Type to the more rounded 2 bolt hole type.
      The late '60 Gaskets fit all the way to '64 so most '60's get those and (4) Grommets, otherwise early type and (8) Grommets.

I stock or sell all Studebaker Parts right here in Washington, how many Sets do you want!

that is the 259 that I am dealing with. I assume that I would want the early type? I would just be needing one set

Comment

Clearly looks like 4 Bolts, 1951 to early 1960 Type on a '60 or a earlier Engine in the Car. PM sent.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Concerning 1960 259 cu. in. V-8's...the "early" style 4 stud valve covers were used up to engine number V-466,487. The later style 2 stud were used on and after that engine number.
          I recently sold a low mileage original engined '60 Lark hardtop that had the early covers.

Comment

The covers will be coming off and getting sandblasted most likely along with the thermostat housing. I might Do the intake manifold at the same time. Then they will receive fresh paint to clean them up. I will slowly be going through piece by piece to do this to as needed. Will also help with knowing what has been done and taken care of as I do.

Comment

Working...
            X