Started on my 51 stude bus. coupe. Need rear end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started on my 51 stude bus. coupe. Need rear end

Looking at Dave Carters web site. He states that he put a lark TT rear end. I am running a 289 R1 motor. Putting a 200 R4 Chevy auto transimission. Any one have a up dated Lark rear end to sell. Any recommendation on Ratio. Thanks again for giving me Bud, who is now rebuilding my distributor. Trying to get ready for the zone meet in Sacramento on May 16 to 19,2014.

Note, It is going under a 51 Bus. Coupe. This car is a Q2. It came with an automatic from the factory. It has the original rear end gear for flat head 6. This rear end could be a 3:56 or 4:09.

Ford 8" 3.25 gears!
    You will save a pile of money, and end up with a way better rear end that you will absolutely love!
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Oh and it is a bolt in!
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
      Ford 8" 3.25 gears!
      You will save a pile of money, and end up with a way better rear end that you will absolutely love!
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Oh and it is a bolt in!
      What donor Ford? I'm guessing either a 1964-65 V8 Falcon/Comet/1965-66 Mustang V8 (same exact animal) or a 1962-65 Fairlane/Meteor drum to drum?
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
        What donor Ford? I'm guessing either a 1964-65 V8 Falcon/Comet/1965-66 Mustang V8 (same exact animal) or a 1962-65 Fairlane/Meteor drum to drum?
        Look at a Ranger, most any year 2 wheel drive. With some scouting you can even hit the indestructable 9" in the earlier ones. I am told they are a bolt in to most Studes. Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Remember that 51-52 is narrower than 53 and up.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I have a 1969 Dart 8 3/4 in my 51.

Comment

Working...
            X