Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you

I have been rereading some old Turning Wheels magazines (circa 1985) and am amazed at how many of the old timers are still with us. I am not going to name names because I would probably miss some of them but to all that have made our hobby a better place I just want to say thank you!
    Peter Bishop

Old Timer?...I guess I qualify (67 years old and been in SDC since '73).
    Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
    I have been rereading some old Turning Wheels magazines (circa 1985) and am amazed at how many of the old timers are still with us. I am not going to name names because I would probably miss some of them but to all that have made our hobby a better place I just want to say thank you!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

You are just a kid Lou

Denny L

Comment

The point is well made, what will a future without BP and his age group, Dwain Grindinger, Bob Kabchef etc be like - who will take over their roles and continue to supply information?

Thanks and well done everyone..
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
          Hear! Hear! I fully agree!!!

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
            The point is well made, what will a future without BP and his age group, Dwain Grindinger, Bob Kabchef etc be like - who will take over their roles and continue to supply information?

Thanks and well done everyone..
            Well, I'LL TRY!.....SN-60,...(Member STUDEBAKER DRIVERS CLUB since 1968)

Comment

Nice post Peter. I had a 1949 back in 1992. I had to sell it when we moved and fell out of the Stude world for a while. When I purchased my 53 and was looking around to see what was going on out there, many of the same names popped up. I've had bad experiences on other groups on line but I just love the group of folks here.

Comment

72 here and joined in 68
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                  The point is well made, ...who will take over their roles and continue to supply information?
                  I'm a young 63 and only been here forty years. Are there 23-year-olds itching to drive our cars?
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I agree fully with Peter Bishop, super-gratefull is what I AM!

Nox.

Comment

What I want to thank them for is the way they handle themselves. They are not condescending, They give freely of themselves in the spirit of helping others.
                      There is no "I know best" tone in their answers. Graciousness is something that comes from the heart. There are only certain people that I'm willing to take advice form, and those people are first and foremost good human beings.
                      Never have i heard them admonish someone for doing something that wasn't the way they would do it.
                      Last edited by bezhawk; 02-02-2014, 07:40 AM.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

"You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake"....Bob Hope

Comment

The first atomic sub was the Nautilus and when I was at GE in Fort Wayne 51-53 drive train components were being made. The Nautilus is celebrating its 60th anniversary and is just over the river in Groton at its museum. Amazing how we both ended up in the same area! A neighbor just passed and with seven homes on our street there are now five widows. Scary!

Back to the thread. Turning Wheels and the forum give me a lot of pleasure. Although, I follow many of the discussions I am not feeling any smarter because of memory fade! Enjoy each day as spring is around the corner.
                          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                            The first atomic sub was the Nautilus and when I was at GE in Fort Wayne 51-53 drive train components were being made. The Nautilus is celebrating its 60th anniversary and is just over the river in Groton at its museum. Amazing how we both ended up in the same area! A neighbor just passed and with seven homes on our street there are now five widows. Scary!

Back to the thread. Turning Wheels and the forum give me a lot of pleasure. Although, I follow many of the discussions I am not feeling any smarter because of memory fade! Enjoy each day as spring is around the corner.
                            Well said Bob........And good luck with the five widows!!

Comment

I am older than most that have been mentioned here or posted here. I have been a member of SDC since 1968, but I have been involved with and owned Studebakers long before that.
                              A lot of my Studebaker mechanical experience/knowledge came from working with an ex Studebaker dealership head mechanic, who was younger than me. The trivia and historical information about Studebaker and SDC I just learned over the years.
                              In 1985, the date that you mention, I was an SDC Director.
                              I don't think that I am old and try not to act old, but the number of years under my belt belies that. 95% of what I post here simply comes from my memory.
                              Last edited by studegary; 02-02-2014, 12:16 PM. Reason: remove extra to
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X