Fins on a 53/54? Anyone got pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins on a 53/54? Anyone got pictures?

I know its possible, I've just never seen it. Does anyone have pictres of a 53 or 54 coupe with Silver Hawk fins? Or a later car with the early front clip? Im not actually planning to build one, I just think it would be the best of both worlds.

Definitely possible.....As far as how this creation would look from the rear....just look at a photo of the rear of a '58 Packard Hawk.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SN-60; 02-01-2014, 08:05 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

That's easy, just delete the front Fender and Door moulding from this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	57_S_Hawk 6 White5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1687597
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Although you still have the hood and fender top mounted lights too imagine gone,not too mention the trim under the fin.
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32015[/ATTACH]
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32015[/ATTACH]
            I guess what im looking for is the 53 or 54 grill with the fins added, its easy to imagine from the side.

Jeff, that car is insane!

Comment

One of the articles in this month's TW is by a guy who was a Studebaker dealer mechanic and when he started with the dealer in 1962 he "...purchased a 1953 Starliner with Hawk fins..." from another mechanic there that had just bought a 1958 Golden Hawk. No picture of that 1953 included.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                One of the articles in this month's TW is by a guy who was a Studebaker dealer mechanic and when he started with the dealer in 1962 he "...purchased a 1953 Starliner with Hawk fins..." from another mechanic there that had just bought a 1958 Golden Hawk. No picture of that 1953 included.
                It would lead one to believe the fins came off the '58 Golden....not a bad move really.

Comment

I have a 56 Power Hawk that I am putting 53 grill, front & rear bumpers, hood, and a 55 trunk lid.
                  I hope to build my own steel fins that will resemble 56 Golden hawk fins. (I have a set of stock 56 fiberglass fins but don't like fiberglass)
                  As I Love Hawk dashes, the 56 Hawk was the easiest to get all of the things I liked in a C/K as it is the only Hawk with recessed doors.
                  Cant wait to see pictures that will be generated by this thread.
                  On our 61 Hawk I have welded on the rear quarters and the tall 61 fins to eliminate that awkward moulding and make it look sleeker.
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                    I have a 56 Power Hawk that I am putting 53 grill, front & rear bumpers, hood, and a 55 trunk lid.
                    I hope to build my own steel fins that will resemble 56 Golden hawk fins. (I have a set of stock 56 fiberglass fins but don't like fiberglass)
                    As I Love Hawk dashes, the 56 Hawk was the easiest to get all of the things I liked in a C/K as it is the only Hawk with recessed doors.
                    Cant wait to see pictures that will be generated by this thread.
                    On our 61 Hawk I have welded on the rear quarters and the tall 61 fins to eliminate that awkward moulding and make it look sleeker.
                    Good Roads
                    Brian
                    It should resemble the vintage air (I think) Stude that went over 200mph at Bonneville with the A/C on. That car has the small '56 Golden fins.

Comment

It will be close?
                      But, I really plan for mine to look "Better" than the Vintage Air car!
                      But, I do have a picture of it up on my inspiration wall.
                      Mine has Vintage air in it also.
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority, if I had a 53 with fins on it, that would be the first thing I got rid of.
                        Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Comment

Working...
                        X