Always start with a California car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always start with a California car

While I was getting pix for a technical question I had to pull back the trunk mat in my '64 Daytona convertible (a PO had glued it down). The PO and PPO had both told me it was a no rust ever car. It was sold new in California (near Santa Barbara). When the original owner died it was bought by a Californian (to re-sell). He sold it to a Texan (dry part of the state). He in turn sold it about three years ago to a man in Cleveland who put it in a good garage and only drove it in good weather. How's this for an original trunk?

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Wow! that's nice.

Jerry Forrester
    Be sure to check out my eBay store

for your shiny Stude stuff
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Wow! that's nice.

Jerry Forrester
      Be sure to check out my eBay store

for your shiny Stude stuff
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

That's nice Paul, but my 64 Daytona has been in Virginia all its life and I also pulled up the mat last weekend and here is what it looks like.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

That's nice Paul, but my 64 Daytona has been in Virginia all its life and I also pulled up the mat last weekend and here is what it looks like.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

York/Jersey car very well kept poss no salt

59 Lark VI Hardtop
            60 Lark VIII Hardtop x2
            63 Lark Custom 2D R1
            51 1 Ton truck 9 foot bed
            57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
            62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
            64 wagon
            57 Silver Hawk {soon}future Bonneville car 200 mph

Comment

York/Jersey car very well kept poss no salt

59 Lark VI Hardtop
              60 Lark VIII Hardtop x2
              63 Lark Custom 2D R1
              51 1 Ton truck 9 foot bed
              57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
              62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
              64 wagon
              57 Silver Hawk {soon}future Bonneville car 200 mph

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Finding a car with a good trunk is a bonus, for sure. My '65 I'm working on has a nice trunk as well.

My next project doesn't have as nice of trunk as either of those ones, so I've been gathering some good, solid sheet metal...

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Finding a car with a good trunk is a bonus, for sure. My '65 I'm working on has a nice trunk as well.

My next project doesn't have as nice of trunk as either of those ones, so I've been gathering some good, solid sheet metal...

Craig

Comment

My floors are all extremely solid. Just a little bit of surface rust. We've seen some of the stuff Kent's had to deal with. The whole reason for a California car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

My floors are all extremely solid. Just a little bit of surface rust. We've seen some of the stuff Kent's had to deal with. The whole reason for a California car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

That is probably as pure a trunk as I've seen ... probably the only one purer than that would be inside the '64 hardtop in the museum.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

That is probably as pure a trunk as I've seen ... probably the only one purer than that would be inside the '64 hardtop in the museum.

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

Depends on where in Calif you live. I live in Northern California on the coast. This is behind the redwood curtain where the media makes it sound like their is only a few redwoods left. LOL The redwood forest soil here is so acidic that it eats old cars that sit as fast as mid west cars that drive in the winter.
                            Gordon

Comment

Depends on where in Calif you live. I live in Northern California on the coast. This is behind the redwood curtain where the media makes it sound like their is only a few redwoods left. LOL The redwood forest soil here is so acidic that it eats old cars that sit as fast as mid west cars that drive in the winter.
                              Gordon

Comment

Working...
                              X