X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye candy wed 1-22-14

Good Morning everyone.
    Attached Files

That truck looks like it is ready to tackle some might tough jobs. I guess a lot of folks could use something like that this morning. Cold here, but no snow (thankfully).
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Ah, Ed Ellis' former truck; a rare 1958, I believe it was.

Studebaker never built any truck as perfectly assembled and finished as was that one; simply gorgeous, any where you'd care to look. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have seen one other truck similar to this one in features and stance. It belongs to John Lasiter's son in Lebanon Oregon. I have been out to John's place several times and taken a peek at it each time. It is just sitting in one of John's barns. It needs some exercise. It is a great looking former Navy truck and deserves to be driven and shown. I love the stance on these things.
        Great truck!
        Last edited by Commander Eddie; 01-22-2014, 08:37 AM.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Man, that truck is a beaut!!! Who wouldn't want to own that one?

Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Im sure that truck was at the International meet in Iowa a few years ago ....it received 400 points !
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
              Im sure that truck was at the International meet in Iowa a few years ago ....it received 400 points !
              'Prolly so, Bob. The picture in the OP looks like The St. Joseph County 4H Fairgrounds in South Bend, probably at an SDC International Meet. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice! Nice! Nice!
                Frank Remlinger
                Detroit, Michigan
                SDC# A004602R

Comment

It's fun to see it again------sorta like running into an old friend. It's a 3/4 ton, 120" wheel base, deluxe cab (1 of11) built in 1958.
                  Last edited by ed ellis; 01-23-2014, 12:58 AM.
                  ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

It looks like some people i know, Never worked a day in their life. Fine looking truck.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Heh.... I remember standing next to this truck in So. Bend and marveling at the novelty of a black mirror! Had Studebaker strived to turn out trucks as perfect as this one, they wouldn't have sold very many 'cause the window sticker would have shocked away a lot of tire kickers.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sweet ride!!!
                        There's a short bed version in a Studebaker museum near me,
                        but I'll be darned if I can remember what year it is.

StudeDave '57
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Guys, thx for the compliments! After the truck won a best of division at SB in 2002 I offered it to the museum on a permanent loan basis and with the understanding at my demise it would be gifted to the museum by my estate. For reasons I still can't fathom the SNM turned it down.

Right around that time I turned 60.

Like most of us at BIG birthdays I took stock of my life and realized with a collection of (5) 53/54 CKs, and 4 trucks all in number 1 or 2 condition I was spending virtually every weekend maintaining vehicles that somebody else was going to own
                          possibly sooner than later. Also at 60 it was very apparent i was running out of sunny warm weekends. i decided to "thin the herd" and since this vehicle was rarely driven and took the most amount of time and effort to keep in show condition it was the first to go.

I sold it a professional diesel mechanic and his wife from New Jersey and the picture shown in the post I believe was taken at the
                          fairgrounds in 2007. He had hauled it to SB in his custom built 8 ft high enclosed trailer and won another first place with it.
                          Last edited by ed ellis; 01-24-2014, 03:54 AM.
                          ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Working...
                          X