got an engine for the 53 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got an engine for the 53 today.

Well it's a long story but I'm not considering alternitive power anymore, it's gonna be a mild built 259 topped with a edlebrock. I'm not sure if I should really get into all the details right now but I got a call from a very nice man whom I had met before and was interested in buying this engine from. He called to tell me that I can have the engine.... for free, including an edelbrock carb and intake and a rebuilt delco remy dizzy. There is of course a little more to it than that......
    But here is the facts on the engine
    It's a 51 232 block turned into a 259, it has had some performance work done but I'm not completely sure what has all been done but I remember him saying that the heads had been worked on quite a bit, including custom valves. As mentioned before it came with a rebuilt dizzy that has a short somewhere and needs figured out. And an edelbrock with four barrel manifold. Here are a few pics

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o760/GThawkwind/P_20140119_175734_zps53bc040d.jp

Sounds like fun!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

another step in the right direction.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Good for you. There's a lot of nice Studebaker people around. Keep us posted

Comment

Glad to see you are gathering stuff together Danny.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

GThawk, wish I could find "those freebee's" like you. Must have been your Lucky Day!! Let us know how things turn out. It's nice ,every once and a while to "Step into It"!, and come out"Smelling like a Rose"!! Anyway,good luck with everything.. Mike..

Comment

Good deal, Daniel!! Congrats................
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
              X