And so it begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins

I've said a number of times that the '37 Coupe-Express I have now pretty much completed would be the last full restoration that I would do. I'm not sure how far this will go, but I have started disassembly of the '37 President rumble seat coupe that I've owned on and off (sold once, but it was the only old car I've ever sold that I regretted selling and I was fortunate enough to buy back) for almost 30 years. The engine has to come out so the front clip came off this weekend. Once the engine is out I have a tough time imagining not then taking the body off and then I might as well just do everything. I used the new year as a benchmark for starting this so I'll know for sure how long it takes.

What's funny is that my wife asks me every night if I've kept busy that day and I always reply that I never run out of things to do. She does not often come out to the shop to see what is going on, so she'll get a surprise the day she finds out I really have not been napping out there and the car is down to the bare frame.

Sounds like a nice project, how about some pictures?

Comment

Good Grief Tom...don't torture us! We need pictures. Too bad I don't live closer. Having a pre-war vehicle is one of my unfulfilled dreams. I'd offer to assist for the learning experience. The fat fendered 37's are among my favorites.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I feel your dilemma Tom.
        I started a minor resto on a '47 M5 1/2 ton truck, that turned into a full blown frame off nit picking restoration.
        She "Stella" came out a beauty, after a lot of work and financial pain.
        Now a '57 Golden Hawk has come into my life.
        "Stanley" started out to be restored to be a very nice "driver".
        Wrongo again.......He is destined to become a very qualified boyfriend to Stella.
        I just can't see doing Studebakers any other way.
        They deserve so much better.
        .......Update........OH NO.......A '50 Starlight Coupe is on the horizon.........Life is good. She be named Ruby..........

Comment

Working...
        X