X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Your Car Ready For Springż

I have 1 ready

Cute pic, Carl.

And you have several rides ready to go, don't you?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Think I would have been smart to stick to that type of vehicle <g>
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

"IS YOUR CAR READY FOR SPRING" Uuuh, I don't think so==== Gotta hurry T.O. up on intake decision.

Comment

Studebaker and "ready for spring" are mutually exclusive concepts and cannot be used in the same sentence up here in the frozen northwest. We park them from November through March.

It's analogous to the single guy's axiom, "Why do men wake up looking same as when they went to bed, but women somehow deteriorate overnight?"

A SDC member who had just spent $20k on a Studebaker restoration and drove the car happily all summer wasn't at the first spring show. His brand-new Stude wouldn't start after sitting for five months. I went over to help him that afternoon and the problem was light corrosion on the Chicom replacement distributor points. Easily solved for no money, but sometimes five months of dead storage is worse than regular driving.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

well, due to unexpected new "health issues" and a '99 Firebird falling in my lap needing a slight refresh, i haven't been able to get into the 51's engine (valve guides, maybe more). as she sits, i don't have a problem driving her around town - no winter worries here. hopefully, after a carb adjustment, tune up, etc. and some cosmetic clean-up, she'll be good to go for spring.

our first car show is 2 months away.
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
            X