PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area help sought

jff
01-09-2014, 11:46 PM
As Tech Talk readers may know, I've been working on my 1962 Daytona since July. I've done some basic stuff, changed out the carburetor, flushed the radiator, that sort of thing, but my experience with older cars is basically nil.

I'm wondering if there's anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area, preferably the East Bay, who would be willing to come over and go for a drive, take a look at the car, and help me figure out what's working right and what needs work. I don't know what to expect when listening to a 50 year old straight six engine, for instance.

Anyone?

candbstudebakers
01-10-2014, 01:22 AM
John, call me at 510-266-2522.....Bob

RadioRoy
01-10-2014, 08:22 PM
If you give me a call, I can come over and check it out with you.

Roy

sals54
01-10-2014, 11:09 PM
John, call me at 510-266-2522.....Bob

Don't call Bob… he doesn't know anything about Studebakers. JK
Have fun Bob… BTW Bob… call me.

kurtruk
01-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Nothing wrong with Bob and Roy of course, but you may not know you also have Studebakers West in Redwood City. The Thoms brothers there also make their living working on Studes.

dean pearson
01-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Don't call Bob… he doesn't know anything about Studebakers. JK
Have fun Bob… BTW… call me.

I could have so much fun with this but it would only get me in trouble here.

So I shall keep quiet.

Dean.

Ps, Bob's the man!

candbstudebakers
01-11-2014, 01:49 AM
NO call yet so I guess he really in not interested, I will call you tomorrow Sal, I have been back all week but on Monday my wife went to the hospital and is still there so have been busy with running back and forth.

sals54
01-11-2014, 10:10 AM
NO call yet so I guess he really in not interested, I will call you tomorrow Sal, I have been back all week but on Monday my wife went to the hospital and is still there so have been busy with running back and forth.

Bob, thanks. I'm so sorry to hear your wife is having difficulty. Of course, take care of her with all your time and efforts. The car is safe and sound, so its certainly of no urgent concern. I'll talk to you later.

jff
01-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Bob, I'm definitely interested, this has just been a very busy few days... So I figured I'd call after things calm down again.

Sorry about that... I can be a little scatterbrained sometimes.

candbstudebakers
01-12-2014, 04:46 PM
What ever.

dean pearson
01-12-2014, 07:37 PM
What ever.

I can not spell the sound I made when I read that,.... Sorry I tried.

Bob you get an "A" for effort.

Dean.

candbstudebakers
01-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Ya and a "B" for bull ****. John and I will be getting together later this next week, a lot has to do with my wife in the hospital.

jff
01-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Well, Bob and I met up today and had a look at the Lark. We looked underneath, checked for vacuum leaks, cleaned the heater filter, and in general discussed what work should be done for it. He's also going to get me in the loop for the local SDC chapter, which should be fun.

Bob, thanks again for taking time out of your day to meet me, it was really great to get an expert opinion!

Corvanti
01-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Well, Bob and I met up today and had a look at the Lark. We looked underneath, checked for vacuum leaks, cleaned the heater filter, and in general discussed what work should be done for it. He's also going to get me in the loop for the local SDC chapter, which should be fun.Bob, thanks again for taking time out of your day to meet me, it was really great to get an expert opinion!

and that's what it's all about! helping fellow Studebaker owners (or potential owners). :!:

Bob, i hope your wife is feeling better.

candbstudebakers
01-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Looks like Studebaker's have some priority as I did meet with John in the Hospital parking lot before I went in for the day, I enjoyed meeting with John and hope I was some help with his 62 Daytona, it has some issues but looks to be a fun car he can get in and go any local car shows and fit right in but being a black one he would need to keep it clean, nice car John hope to see it and you around and you can stop in any time your in Hayward and see the shop and 4000 feet of Studebaker crap...Bob