Even with the supercharger missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even with the supercharger missing...

...this Clipper would have to be terrible underneath to not be worth in the neighborhood of the asking price...and it is stick overdrive with radio blank-out plate! Cool beans: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...tml?refer=news
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

If it were the wagon body style, then it would really be worth the money.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I like that! It even has a battery hold down!!!
      1936 Dictator
      1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
      1953 Commander Regal HT
      1953 2R5 Pickup
      1947 M16 Truck
      1960 Lark VIII Convertible
      1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
      1962 Champ 7E5 no box
      1962 GT Hawk
      1963 Lark VI 4 dr
      1963 GT Hawk R2
      1964 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

If I were ever to want another 4 door the 57 Clipper would be the one I would go for, when fixed up right there is nothing better looking front ,side, or rear also the dash is very nice but pad work can be a problem, why oh why did I ever git rid of the one I had????
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          ...this Clipper would have to be terrible underneath to not be worth in the neighborhood of the asking price...and it is stick overdrive with radio blank-out plate! Cool beans: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...tml?refer=news
          I believe I know the fellow from the Canton area who owns/owned that car. I remember it being sharp.

For all the noise from Packard die-hards about these cars not being real 'Packards', my bet is this would bring more money than an earlier '50's Clipper four-door in similar condition, based on a few years of looking on eBay.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
            I like that! It even has a battery hold down!!!

Oh, Claude; you noticed...how romantic... BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
              I believe I know the fellow from the Canton area who owns/owned that car. I remember it being sharp.

For all the noise from Packard die-hards about these cars not being real 'Packards', my bet is this would bring more money than an earlier '50's Clipper four-door in similar condition, based on a few years of looking on eBay.

No doubt about that, Bill...after all, it is more "Studebaker" than "Packard," and there are more than three times as many SDC members as there are Packard Automobile Classics members. BP

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                If it were the wagon body style, then it would really be worth the money.

jack vines
                In this condition, I'm thinking you would have to nearly double that price for a wagon.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post

Is it Don Keller's?
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I think that it is neat that they picture it with the rear door vent windows open. We know that they open, but most wouldn't.

I believe that this dealer sells a lot on consignment. It may still be owned by the guy that people here know.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                      Is it Don Keller's?
                      I have found out that it's not Don's.
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

That price is less than my paint and seats cost . Would make a nice brother for mine another car could lead to problems in my home life

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                          I have found out that it's not Don's.
                          I thought it was Don's. Guess not.
                          Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          (formerly Greenville, PA)
                          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

It sure would be easy to restore the supercharger to this '57 Clipper.

Comment

Still looks like a 'Packard' to me despite it being based on the Studebaker President Classic.
                              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X