Soviet Peddle Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soviet Peddle Car?

I ran across this image of the cover of a new book while reading a story in Salon online.

The title of the book is "Little Fairure", Growing Up Soviet by Laura Miller.
    I do believe that is a peddle car replica of a "Bullet Nose" Studebaker.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Here's a link to more: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=soviet

Craig

Comment

I have seen a few of these come up for sale. They are quite apparantly desirable amongst pedal car collectors and sell for more than I am willing to pay (one can usually buy a decent running/driving Stude for what these bring). And yes, at least the bullet and nose seem to be copied from Stude
      sigpic

Comment

I want one. They must have made lots of these in Russia. I had no idea. How great is that?
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          I have seen a few of these come up for sale. They are quite apparantly desirable amongst pedal car collectors and sell for more than I am willing to pay (one can usually buy a decent running/driving Stude for what these bring). And yes, at least the bullet and nose seem to be copied from Stude
          The front and rear fenders are definitely Studebaker as well. Did the Soviet manufacturer have a license from Studebaker to make these, I wonder?
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
            Did the Soviet manufacturer have a license from Studebaker to make these, I wonder?
            It may have been patterned after one their own Zis 112: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=stalin

Craig

Comment

Another Soviet Pedal Car.

Comment

At the South Bend meet in 2012, Ed Reynolds had one in his shop. I think it was red and had a price tag a lot more than I was willing to pay. $5000 rings a bell.

Mark

Comment

Like far out!

Comment

If the Soviets would backward engineer a B-29 (and they did) do you think they would bother to get permission to copy a Studebaker toy car?

It is my understanding that they stamped out tons of these back in the day. I have a Pedal copy of my '48 and my truck. I'd love to have one of those to paint Maui blue and display with my '51 Land Cruiser.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      It may have been patterned after one their own Zis 112: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=stalin

Craig
                      That looks like a caddy flower car with a hard tonneau from the back and side. I guess they did not have the capability to make curved windshields.
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Did you mean "pedal" car?
                        peter lee

Comment

There were Russian ones and Italian ones. And I saw one for sale with working semaphores! Don't know which version it was. We have a chapter member that has an un-restored, mint Italian one. Has only been sat in a few times! (Once accidentally while on display at a car show)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                          X