PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the York swap meet?

Stevel Knievel
01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
As a recent "Stude" owner, there are some parts I need. I will be there on Friday 3-7pm with my 64 Champ. Who else is going?

52 Ragtop
01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
I'll be back this year.

Jim

LarkTruck
01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
I'll be there, trying to get rid of stuff. As usual, I'll probably buy more stuff. :woot:
JS

LarkTruck
01-07-2014, 05:30 PM
As a recent "Stude" owner, there are some parts I need. I will be there on Friday 3-7pm with my 64 Champ. Who else is going?

Steve, the Swap Meet Closes at 5 pm on Friday. As a newbee, you might want to join the Truck Farmers for their annual Friday night York Dinner. A great bunch of Truck Nuts, you won't be disappointed.
Jim

jimmijim8
01-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Alabama to York Pa. I'm in. jimmijim

53commander
01-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I'll be there again, always a good time.

EssexExport
01-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Maybe. Sounds like a happening place.

rockne10
01-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Haven't missed it in 37 years! Old friends to greet! New friends to meet! :!:

Lest I forget!!!! FORUM GROUP PHOTO : SATURDAY 11:30 am in front of Old Main! Then BAMS takes us all for wings at Hooters! :rolleyes:

http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/665/

Rerun
01-08-2014, 04:27 AM
Haven't missed it in 37 years! Old friends to greet! New friends to meet! :!:

Lest I forget!!!! FORUM GROUP PHOTO : SATURDAY 11:30 am in front of Old Main! Then BAMS takes us all for wings at Hooters! :rolleyes:

http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/665/

Does anyone know if any "NOS" Forum Badges still exist? If not, can someone possibly scan one so temporary badges might be printed for ID purposes on Saturday?

Bob Andrews
01-08-2014, 04:59 AM
Brad, did you not miss it a couple years back? I'm sure I remember that. I missed last year as we were building our new race shop. Hoping to make it this year, and yes, it's definitely Hooters for lunch Sat. for anyone that's interested! :)

LarkTruck
01-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Does anyone know if any "NOS" Forum Badges still exist? If not, can someone possibly scan one so temporary badges might be printed for ID purposes on Saturday?

I'm pretty sure Ed Reynolds at SI has the remaining badges. If we ask him, I'm sure he will have them available at his stand. OK, here goes. Ed, would you please bring some Forum Badges to York?
Jim

stude1964
01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
I'll be there again! Always great to see old friends and to meet new ones. I'll have parts to sell but as Jim stated earlier about buying more stuff- applies to me as well. I like all things '64 and enjoy talking to folks about their projects. You never know what will show up as far as cars or parts. Always a great time. Yes consider the Truck Farmer's Dinner. My buddy and I went for the first time last year and met lots of good people- especially Forum members face to face. See you there!
Rob in PA.

raoul5788
01-08-2014, 09:17 AM
I'll be there, but I'm a newbie compared to Brad! I've only been going for 17 years!

RadioRoy
01-08-2014, 11:23 AM
I have never been there, but would like to go. Is there a primer somewhere that tells all about the whens, wheres and how to's?

53commander
01-08-2014, 11:40 AM
I have never been there, but would like to go. Is there a primer somewhere that tells all about the whens, wheres and how to's?

Here's all the info http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com/

larkregal62
01-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Guys a couple of comments on the above posts--There is a free hospitality night for any one that would like to attend at the Vikings Club about 2 blocks away. We have light snacks and soft drinks available at no cost. This is also a great time for fellowship. There is also a parts and memorabila auction with many great Studebaker "bargains" at this hospitality night. This extra no charge event is why Steve gave the times he did. He and I had already spoken after he posted about his new Champ pickup. Roy, if you don't get all the answers you need on the website, call me at 717-574-1529 and I'll give you any details you might need--We do have some vendor spaces available, and would love to have you as a vendor-- we used to have a radio vendor, but no longer---If the call will cost you IM me with your phone number and I will call you. Bob, sorry to tell you, but Hooters went out of business last year--unless they have reopened(and I don't think they have since I have been in FL for the winter). 52ragtop--Jim it will be GREAT to see you again--I have really missed seeing you at the meets. Make sure we see each other, although I will definitely search you out. To any other new people,and all the old timers, try to stop and see me at the raffle cars or at the Hospitality night. Thanks for the interest. Don't hesitate to call me Gordon

LarkTruck
01-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Gordon, I was not trying to rain on your parade, I was simply offering a new Studebaker Truck owner a chance to bond with other truck owners. The TF Dinner is mostly finished by 6:30-7:00 so that anyone who wants can head over to the Viking Club.
JS

Packard baker collector
01-08-2014, 03:05 PM
I will be there. Looking to buy some license plates.

57pack
01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I was going...untill I remembered I have to go to the daughters in Florida. Love to see my daughter and hate missing York!
If anyone spots front seat upolstery for my 57 Packard, grab it up! I'll pay you as soon as I hear about it. My car has the tweed black/gray with gray vinyl inserts, can dye any other colors.:!:

Skip Lackie
01-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Will be there. Have only missed one since it started. I have quite a few US and Canadian license plates and can bring some if anyone is looking for something in particular.

Bob Andrews
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
UGH, bummer about Hooters. Sadly, it is a trend...

Jefscoupe
01-08-2014, 06:44 PM
So....do we need to bring snow shoes and/or arctic attire?
I thought it was like waist deep up there now.
Anyone see a good 48 Champion trunk handle (complete with key would be nice), I need one.
Just drop it by here in Memphis on your way home. :!!:
Wish I could make it. It's a two day drive up for me. (14 hrs)
I'm not one that can drive more than 8-9 hrs MAX at a time.
OH! WAIT! It sounded like y'all were talking about this weekend! It's not until March?
Well....that's different!

larkregal62
01-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Jim,I know you weren't trying to rain on my parade--I forgot about the truck farmers event. I would definitely recommend it to Steve. What is the time on it??? perhaps he could attend both if he wanted to do so. Looking forward to seeing you too. I am sending you warm air up for the next 8 or so days. You've had enough extreme cold Gordon

larkregal62
01-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Jeff, I hope it is as warm in York for the Meet as it will be this weekend---supposed to be in the 50's--Definitely recommend you dress warm if you come, although the majority of the meet is inside, and the buildings are heated. Come ready for fun and fellowship, and bring the wife. We have tried to make the event more family friendly over the last several years. Gordon

raoul5788
01-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Jeff, I hope it is as warm in York for the Meet as it will be this weekend---supposed to be in the 50's--Definitely recommend you dress warm if you come, although the majority of the meet is inside, and the buildings are heated. Come ready for fun and fellowship, and bring the wife. We have tried to make the event more family friendly over the last several years. Gordon

Is that why Hooters closed? ;)

Stevel Knievel
01-09-2014, 06:15 AM
I have a '64 California plate that came with an old Fairlane I had. I'm not really attached to it. Let me know if you want it.

larkregal62
01-09-2014, 10:06 AM
No-think the owner spent more time looking at the girls than overseeing the business---the one in Harrisburg supposedly closed too. Think might have been same Franchisee.

LarkTruck
01-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Jim,I know you weren't trying to rain on my parade--I forgot about the truck farmers event. I would definitely recommend it to Steve. What is the time on it??? perhaps he could attend both if he wanted to do so. Looking forward to seeing you too. I am sending you warm air up for the next 8 or so days. You've had enough extreme cold Gordon

The TF Dinner is normally 5:00-5:30 till about 6:30-7:00. Keystone's Hospitality Night is always fun too.
Thanks for the warm weather wishes Gordon, yes, this old mail carrier HAS had enough of the cold AND snow.
Looking forward to seeing you as well.
Jim

larkregal62
01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Hospitality and auction don't kickoff til about 7pm so if anyone desires they could attend both--Gordon

Guido
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I hope to make it back this year. If I do I will be looking to unload all my parts, I will fit everything that I can into my trailer. If someone were interested in the whole lot I would sell it when I got there and enjoy being able to visit with folks for the remainder of the time.

ndynis
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
I made my first York meet last year and look forward to making it again this year. I had no idea of a hospitality event or anything other than the meet itself. I learn something on the forum every day. Thanks to those of you who are regular contributors. I don't post much but I check the forum for new posts every morning and evening.

stratovue
02-08-2014, 07:38 AM
Yes, S.I. will have forum buttons and shirts at York. See you there and please give us a call if there is something special you would like for us to bring.

Ed

larkregal62
02-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Ed I'll definitely see you there early Thursday am want to get the new wheel covers for the raffle car and also get my forum button and shirt. ndynis, look me up at the Raffle car in Horticultural Hall and I will make sure you know where the Hospitality event is. I am looking forward to meeting all forum members in person that attend. Stop at raffle car area, say "hello", and see the 2015 Commander Land Cruiser raffle car and pick up your tickets--over 330 tickets have already been sold. This car should be sold out to only SDC people since there are 12,000 SDC members and only 4000 tickets available! Thanks to all who support us at Keystone--We hope to be able to continue the Studebaker York Swap Meet, with your attendance and support, for many years to come. Gordon

rusty65
02-08-2014, 12:07 PM
I'll certainly be there and weather permitting, so will my Daytona! Want to see my Studebaker friends and frenemies alike.I may be looking to offload my Turning Wheels collection (as a lot) and sell the front buckets I presently have in the car (62,63 or 64?).PM me if interested.
It's a shame that they closed the local Hooter's.I guess we'll have to find another place to 'wing it',lol.

gradyman
02-12-2014, 04:47 AM
I am going to the meet for the very first time. I will be looking for parts and pieces for my 62 gt hawk. Mostly I am just looking to meet other Studebaker owners, see their rides, and hopefully make some new friends. I bought my 62 hawk about two years ago. It looked nice enough. I went for a ride with the owner as a passenger and towed the car home. I put it in the garage and jacked it up to have a better look underneath. I had to pull the fuel tank because it was leaking and things just kept getting worse from there. At that point I decided to do a frame-off restoration. About a year into the restoration I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I have a family friend doing most of the resto work now and I do what I can. All I can think about now is the fact that I never drove the car for a while the way it was (against all my car buddies recommendations), and I can't wait for the day that I can go to a Studebaker show or meet with my own car.

jimmijim8
02-12-2014, 05:01 AM
jimmijim and Barry Hackney will be there in bldg. A close by the restroom. se ya'll there.

Rocket3pilot
02-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Definitely gonna be there looking for 57 GH parts. Im treating it like a mini vacation. Maybe some of you more experienced Studey guys can bring some warmer temperatures for the rest of us.

Gunslinger
02-12-2014, 07:24 AM
I'll be there...not looking for anything...just for the fun of it. If I find something I like...bonus!

ndynis
02-12-2014, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=larkregal62;820477]ndynis, look me up at the Raffle car in Horticultural Hall and I will make sure you know where the Hospitality event is.

Gordon: I'll be sure and do that. My wife purchased our raffle tickets when we were there last year but a couple more wouldn't hurt. I would really enjoy getting to meet as many of the fine folks that post here on the forum as possible. There was a thread on name tags and t-shirts not long ago. I think that would be a great way for each of us to get to know others. Thanks for the offer!
Nick

t1003nl
02-12-2014, 07:47 PM
My wife and I had so much fun at last year's meet we are coming back again. Our '64 Daytona hardtop is almost done and my parts list is really short but I'm coming regardless. Maybe I'll find my next project there.

rockne10
02-12-2014, 08:20 PM
All projects having been completed, York is the RIGHT COAST FAMILY REUNION ! :!!: Less than three weeks away! FORUM GROUP PHOTO: 11:30 Saturday IN FRONT OF OLD MAIN !!

Bob Andrews
02-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Kranak AND Gunslinger?? OH, I hope I can make it!! :)

57pack
02-12-2014, 08:56 PM
I was going...untill I remembered I have to go to the daughters in Florida. Love to see my daughter and hate missing York!
If anyone spots front seat upolstery for my 57 Packard, grab it up! I'll pay you as soon as I hear about it. My car has the tweed black/gray with gray vinyl inserts, can dye any other colors.:!:

Forgot to ask, if anyone spots a third seat for a Wagonaire,
Get the info for me. Please leave PM here.
Thank you

rockne10
02-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Forgot to ask, if anyone spots a third seat for a Wagonaire,
Bill, not the sort of item folks are going to bring on a whim. Have you been spreading the word or making inquiries that could lead to a delivery?

MrHemi2U
02-12-2014, 09:06 PM
I'll be coming down on Saturday for the first time. Need parts for my 52 Land Cruiser and this sounds like the best bet to score "stuff".

larkregal62
02-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Nick, the tickets you pick up will be for the 2015 Raffle car a 51 Commander Landcruiser, as we sold out on the Avanti on 1/5/14. Tickets sales for the 2015 car are nearing 400 already. The current snow storm will not effect the meet. Temps are to be near 50 degrees on the 21st Hope we have something close to that in York for the meet---- no matter what the temperature the meet will be an affair to remember again this year. Look forward to seeing all of you. Gordon

larkregal62
02-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Mr Hemi If you can possibly make it earlier than Saturday, I really recommend it. Saturday is only til 2pm, and many venders may be closed down. Friday is by far a better day. Don't want you to disappointed with your 1st experience at York. try to weasel an extra day off work Gordon

rockne10
02-12-2014, 09:26 PM
I'll be coming down on Saturday for the first time. Need parts for my 52 Land Cruiser and this sounds like the best bet to score "stuff".
Art,
Very few venues will display more parts for the '52 than York but, better get there early! :ohmy: meet starts on Thursday, hums on Friday and things start packing up early afternoon on Saturday. The drawing for the '63 Avanti is at 2:00 pm Saturday and the parking lot is pretty well empty by 2:30. Also, the very best deals are to be had between 11:00 and 2:00 Saturday.

57pack
02-13-2014, 03:35 AM
Bill, not the sort of item folks are going to bring on a whim. Have you been spreading the word or making inquiries that could lead to a delivery?

No, I have been thinking about a third seat for awhile. But, sorta on a whim maybe some one may have one there.
I missed one over to Reedsville a few years ago and regretted it since.
Got knocked down with a serious illness recently and didn't do my homework.
I will put some feelers out now as I am on the mend and wanting to get out to the garage if it ever stops snowing!
Thanks, Bill

larkregal62
02-14-2014, 04:56 PM
777 Please do bring both your Studes. The only charges for any thing at the meet are for raffle tickets, if you choose to purchase--Membership in Keystone, which I hope you either already have or will join--if you are a vendor and want inside or outside space---or if you want space inside the building to either display or sell a car. If you go to the website www.sdckeystoneregion.com you can read the details. If you still have questions, email me at larkregal62@aol.com or call me at 717-574-1529. there are designated Studebaker only areas but no fee or prior registration is necessary. Btw where are you in York? I'm up I-83 in Newberrytown---When I'm in PA. Gordon

MrHemi2U
02-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Mr Hemi If you can possibly make it earlier than Saturday, I really recommend it. Saturday is only til 2pm, and many venders may be closed down. Friday is by far a better day. Don't want you to disappointed with your 1st experience at York. try to weasel an extra day off work Gordon

Art,
Very few venues will display more parts for the '52 than York but, better get there early! :ohmy: meet starts on Thursday, hums on Friday and things start packing up early afternoon on Saturday. The drawing for the '63 Avanti is at 2:00 pm Saturday and the parking lot is pretty well empty by 2:30. Also, the very best deals are to be had between 11:00 and 2:00 Saturday.
Thanks guys I'll see if I can come down Friday.

jclary
02-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Well...it has been at least 17 years since I have made the trip. Now that we are both retired...my wife and I are discussing the swap meet. If our daughter and her family can keep the poodle, we might attempt the drive up I-81 (avoiding the eastern route and beltway).

However, in the past, I have always made such trips with other Studebaker nuts, or alone. I have never made reservations and mostly got along pretty well just "winging it.":) With my wife along...I don't think I can get away with pulling into the parking lot of a truck stop, reclining my seat to sleep, using the public restrooms, breakfast at the "all you can eat" buffet, and back on the road again.:!:

She's worried about the weather.:rolleyes: She is assuming that I plan my trips the same way she plans "her" trips. Apparently, she has yet to realize, that...through the years... all those vacation trips that were "her" trips...she planned. I was just the driver. Problem is...this is "my" trip, there is no "Plan" (reservations/itinerary):(
The weather should be the least of her worry.:oops:

So...any of you folks familiar with the area have suggestions for accommodations that might keep me out of trouble?:confused: Can we "show up" and find a decent place? I have to admit, I have not done this enough to be good at it.:o

larkregal62
02-14-2014, 10:54 PM
John, The host hotel is the best western in York. Contact info is on the website www.sdckeystoneregion.com --but call soon for the Studebaker rate--I believe date for guarantee is this weekend--mention stude 14. There are many other motels in the area as the Expo center also hosts the Eastern Street Rod show, which sometimes draws thousands of cars. Google the York area for motels or if you want to, call me after 2/27. I will be back home and can perhaps check around for you. At worst there is a Motel 6 I believe it is at exit 34 on I-83 at Yocumtown,Pa an exit above mine at Newberrytown. I drive iinto the meet each day for the meet and to home each nite. I will be glad to help you as much as possible. Call me at 717-574-1529 Gordon BTW there are a lot of vendors there for your wife and daughter to enjoy in the one building. also there are an abundance of outlet stores in Lancaster about 25 miles to the east. also many other attractions within 30 mi. like I said, call me and I'll clue you in-- Come and have a ball

R_David
02-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Well, I was planning on going but the wife went and setup a trip to Florida for us the following week. I don't have the vacation time saved up at work to do both so it looks like I am going to Florida instead. See you at York 2015!

larkregal62
02-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Just heard from Bob Sheaffer, the Swap Meet Chairman. At this time we only have 7 spaces remaining in Old Main for vendors and 8 in Horticultural Hall. There are spaces for indoor display and sales of your car available for a fee. You must disconnect the battery, have less than 1/4 tank of gas and a fire extinguisher for the car to be inside. Rates are on the website. Outdoor vendor space is available with a fee paid and we can accommodate that at any time during the meet. Please call Bob at 717-341-3141 if you desire a vendor space, or call me at 717-574-1529 to display or sell your car, or if you have any questions. Please come and have a blast! Gordon

Jet Green Daytona
02-16-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm planning on going on Friday, and possibly might stay near by and come back on Saturday, that part is still up in the air. At least in my memory, the York show is usually the first nice weekend after the long winter. Hopefully this year will be the same.

Todd

53commander
02-16-2014, 10:21 AM
I plan on taking the Harley Davidson factory tour Friday morning then heading over to the meet.

jerezstude
02-16-2014, 12:26 PM
53commander; If you plan on taking the Harley tour look into what is known as the hard toe tour. You might have to register in advance, I,m told the the cost is around $35 but I understand it's the way to go. Jerry Kurtz

SN-60
02-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Hope You find what Your looking for.....I think that '52's are one of the hardest post war Studebakers to 'Bring Back'. Grille parts especially were hard to come by forty years ago!:(

jts359
02-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi We Will be there , Parts orders are good and Ill be shopping for my brothers 64 convert , He going to Florida to look at Harleys , Ed