Accessories Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessories Information

I am looking for information on accessories offered for 1951 Champions. My Champion is a frankenstein of stude parts. I guess a modified stude powered car. It's just a good solid daily driver and we're thinking about adding bling with 1951 options for fun. Is there an accessories book available or a list I can find online? Thanks for your help.

The December, 1985 Turning Wheels article on 1951 models would have a listing of options and accessories.

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig. I checked SDC and there are four copies available. I'll order one.

Jeb

Comment

The '51 accessories book has 19 pages and is about the size of Turning Wheels and bound the same way.
        It might not be so easy for you to get to many Studebaker meets, so watch ebay for literature. One will show up there eventually.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

You can find original Accessory booklets published by Studebaker for sale on EBAY specific for your model year. They are nice to have, but do not include all the accessories offered for the model year. If the T/W article cited above is like many by Fred Fox it may list all or nearly all accessories offered. But not a lot of pictures of them.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Hello Jeb,

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I have been looking for factory options on my 1951 LC and along the way I found the link below:

This will take you to the first page of 20 pages of the official 1951 Accessories brochure. Hope this helps and happy hunting!
            1947 Studebaker M-5
            1946 Studebaker M-5
            1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
            1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
            1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

It is fun to look at the Books to see what WAS available for these cars, even Venetian Blinds and Luggage!

However in 2014, I would not expect to find many except an occasional Side View Mirror, Wheel Cover or a set of Whitewalls.

How about a eBay Antenna Coon's Tail?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Besides the owner's copy of the accessory catalog shown on the referenced site above you should be also aware that there was a much more comprehensive publication intended for the salesman. It was called the "Retail Salesmans Guide" and it was 8 1/2 X 11" and contained 32 pages. The cover and a two page spread are shown in the two images below. Note that the dealer from who I received this copy (Glen Bell in Atlantic, Iowa) wrote the prices in the book in pencil. Of course as has been pointed out securing these accessories will not be an easy task. Tom Elliott who passed a few years ago had probably the largest collection of these items but I believe Matthew Burnette has sold most of his collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51 access forum.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1687177 Click image for larger version

Name:	51 accessp12-13 forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1687178
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

th

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think another Swap meet would survive that close to the enormous Portland Meet.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I thought I'd heard of another meet competing on the same weekend. Maybe across the river in Vancouver?

Comment

I found an advertizement for another swap meet at Portland International Raceway on the same days as the Expo Center event. The venues are only a couple of miles apart so they may be related. I found the annoucements on the Northwest Chapter web page.

Comment

I haven't been to the Portland meet in over 10 years. At that time the Studebaker content was near 0. Anyone been there lately?
                          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                          50 Champion 2 door*
                          53 Commander K Auto*
                          53 Commander K overdrive*
                          55 President Speedster
                          62 GT 4Speed*
                          63 Avanti R1*
                          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            It is fun to look at the Books to see what WAS available for these cars, even Venetian Blinds and Luggage!

However in 2014, I would not expect to find many except an occasional Side View Mirror, Wheel Cover or a set of Whitewalls.

How about a eBay Antenna Coon's Tail?

Actually, there are a number of accessories that are not too hard to find. I think some Stude vendors still sell the exhaust deflector. Fender skirts have been reproduced. Gas door guards pop up frequently. Some of these may be aftermarket. The wheelcovers are available. Fender ornaments can be found at Stude-specific swap meets. If you find the correct clock, buy it! Bumper guards turn up from time to time. But you'll pay a pretty penny for rear-fender gravel guards! I think the mirrors have been reproduced. The vanity morror has been reproduced, but with an older logo. The accelerator pedal cover has been reproduced. Check Studebaker Intl. for these. Someone SHOULD reproduce the Kleenex dispenser. They'd sell thousands!
                            Last edited by kurtruk; 01-03-2014, 11:04 PM.
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                              Someone SHOULD reproduce the Kleenex dispenser. They'd sell thousands!
                              Exactly,

I just purchased one this evening, though the price was extremely fair for how rare they are.
                              1947 Studebaker M-5
                              1946 Studebaker M-5
                              1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                              1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                              1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X