Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun/bench racing thread on Studebaker for the 2014 model year :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun/bench racing thread on Studebaker for the 2014 model year :)

OK I start off by saying the 1964-66 Lark type, 1962-64 Hawk and the T cab (Champ) pickup would be my 'victims' for the 2014 model year.

All of the above; reinforce the bodyshells/frames for rollover strength, front/side impact protection etc. with the convertibles being given a 'bye' since it'd be too difficult to strengthen the windshield frame to closed car standards.

Lark: 2 door sedan/hardtop, 4 door sedan, and Wagoneer(sp) with both sliding/non sliding roof options.

Hawk: two door hardtop and convertible.

Champ: regular, extended and crew cab models and maybe a 4 door SUV variant.

Engines: def a Stude based 259-289 V8 albeit with direct fuel injection, aluminum block/heads, etc. and the 1962-64 Six updated the same way.

Transmission: multispeed AT or 5 spd stick offered in all bodystyles.

Modern front suspension but still using the basic 1951-85 (Stude/Avanti) design but with balljoints and rack & pinion steering.

Disc brakes.

Integral HVAC and the other creature comforts expected today.

Any comments, additions, subtractions, etc.................fire away.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

The Champ 'extended cab' pickup is definitely do-able. A friend did a really nice job extending his Champ pickup cab utilizing doors from a Lark two-door.

Comment

A 64 Wagonair fitted with four wheel drive,or all wheel drive. and of course the rear sliding top would be electric.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
      X