Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Little Abused Avanti Sits Cowering In the Corner. Someone called the ASPCA(vantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Little Abused Avanti Sits Cowering In the Corner. Someone called the ASPCA(vantis)

Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

There are more out there than you think!
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

And come to find out its in AMITYVILLE ! ! ! ! Oh, the HORROR ! ! !
      sals54

Comment

Hi Brian,

You mean like this one in Milford, CT?"

Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

So, why is there an extra frame? Maybe needs to be replaced???

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
            So, why is there an extra frame? Maybe needs to be replaced???

Jim
            Yeah Jim, Thats exactly what caught my attention as well. Sounds like it could be a scary project. Would be nice to have a local Stude enthusiast run by and peek under that car to see if the troughs are good.
            sals54

Comment

I wish the snow would get outta here so I could drive my Avanti tomorrow! We got another inch last night and more on the way & with slippery roads and crazies out there, she'll have to stay in the barn! I did wade out and talk to her today though, so she knows she is loved. My '53 is in the heated shop awaiting the return of her gas tank (been over 2 months already... I'm gonna have to have the shore patrol call on the shop owner next week!) I want to get back to work on the pickup project.
              HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Comment

Cars don't come with extra parts unless someone bought them for a reason (ask me how I know!). The extra frame sends exactly the message you think it does

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

That 71 would be perfect for my secret project. Too bad I spent all my money supporting Santa Claus.
                  Jamie McLeod
                  Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                  1958 Commander "Christine"
                  1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                  1955 Commander Sedan
                  1964 Champ
                  1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid
                    Cars don't come with extra parts unless someone bought them for a reason (ask me how I know!). The extra frame sends exactly the message you think it does
                    Don't take that for granted. Over the years I have disassembled several Studes and stashed good salvageable parts, thus happen to have good extra frames on hand although none of my present Studes need them.
                    But if I were to sell, it is doubtful that I would want to keep these extras laying around. I'd likely send them on down the road with the buyer if he were interested.
                    Last edited by Jessie J.; 12-31-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                      I wish the snow would get outta here so I could drive my Avanti tomorrow! We got another inch last night and more on the way & with slippery roads and crazies out there, she'll have to stay in the barn! I did wade out and talk to her today though, so she knows she is loved. My '53 is in the heated shop awaiting the return of her gas tank (been over 2 months already... I'm gonna have to have the shore patrol call on the shop owner next week!) I want to get back to work on the pickup project.
                      HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
                      Hey Mute, Sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but while we are "suffering" from a drought here in Nor California, the sun has been shining unusually warm. Been in the mid 60s for a few weeks and at least another week ahead of the same.. Here I am moving the Lark the other day, getting it ready for shipping to England. Yeah, it was t-shirt weather here. Sorry, ya'll, but its been gorgeous weather lately.
                      sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                        Don't take that for granted. Over the years I have disassembled several Studes and stashed good salvageable parts, thus happen to have good extra frames on hand although none of my present Studes need them.
                        But if I were to sell, it is doubtful that I would want to keep these extras laying around. I'd likely send them on down the road with the buyer if he were interested.
                        Yeah,

Sunday I took a long afternoon drive to check out a guy's parts horde. He's got a bunch of cars and enough extra parts to start a parts store, including chassis that he had left over from the parts cars he'd stripped. He's getting out of Studes and doesn't want to sell bits and pieces - it all has to go or it all stays (Don't ask. Someone else has right of first refusal.).
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Working...
                        X