Eagerly waiting for the postman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagerly waiting for the postman

Some of my SDC brothers have given me a heads up about the cover of January's Turning Wheels. Seems my 55 made the cover. If so, I really wish to thank Bob Palma and all the SDC folk who helped me not only put the car on the road, but upgrade it to qualify for the PSMCDRs. What a hoot. I have five albums of the many year build and this will be the capper. Hope to drive it to South Bend, again, in May. Cheers to all and Happy New Year!
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Stunning! A great tribute to your hard work.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thats a beautiful car! Also love the Golden Hawk on inside cover and the story about the car...
      Tony

Comment

Your '55 looks GREAT on the cover of Turning Wheels. Super way to start the new year for you.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Got mine last week. LOOKS AWESOME Dave -Congrats!
          Jim
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Got mine today in SoCal. Just stunning! Plus a great write up about it in the magazine and your drag racing endeavors.

Mark

Comment

Dave,
              I'll look for you in South Bend. Great car & good show at the PSD!

Comment

LOL. Still waiting to see it. Thanks to Ann Turner for choosing Bob's photo and thanks to Pekka for the shots he took, too. Peter Sant did a nice article, too, in the Ontario Chapter's Studebanner.
                Ever since I saw my first 53, I wanted a Studebaker. Bought the AMT model kit at least three times. Found a 55 C in Elkhart when I was 22 (1974) and drove that until I was leaving Canada to sail across the Atlantic. I owed Mr. Transmission a couple of hundred dollars and gave him the car, instead. Marriage, divorce, then law school and every time I felt overwhelmed I would buy an Auto Trader and look for Studebakers. Took me almost 20 years but I was finally in a position to buy another one and between SDC and eBay managed to rebuild it. The drag races were the icing on the cake. Can't think of a nicer present to start the year.
                Last edited by warrlaw1; 12-31-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Picture is suitable for framing! And I'm sure you will! Congratulations on the cover shot!
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!

If its any consolation, Dave, I don't have my January issue yet either. Looking forward to the pictures and write ups!

Paul

Comment

Got my TW today... AWESOME pic and coverage on your car, Dave. CONGRATS!
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Congratulations Dave. Have seen your car around at a few events in Ontario and South Bend. Being on the cover of TW is quite an honour.
                        sigpic
                        55 President Deluxe
                        64 Commander
                        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Gosh. I haven't had this much anticipation since I was a kid at Christmas. Hurry postman!

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                            Gosh. I haven't had this much anticipation since I was a kid at Christmas. Hurry postman!
                            So you'll be able to sleep, Dave, here ya' go:

Best. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                            X