Still Looking For A Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Looking For A Truck

....thought I'd throw this out not remembering when I last posted it.....

I would like to find a drivable truck, preferably in the Northeast, tho shipping one is not out of the question. The year is not important. Something that is not a rust bucket, but plenty of patina will do fine. This truck will rarely leave the county, and will be used primarily for general yard duty (e.g. mulch, cord wood, general heavy moving items, etc.). A work truck. Needs a title and something that is running and maybe even tagged, or recently driven regularly. I'll toss out a $3-5K price range. A quick project is OK-but only needing brakes or exhaust, tires.... you know-nothing requiring any shop work or involved rebuilding of a system. Prefer a 1/2 or 3/4 ton. Anyone ?? Possible trade /part trade with a nice '62 Lark wagon......

Just to clarify...are you looking for a Studebaker?...or just any reliable work truck?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here is one in Central Pa. Looks good to me, but photos can lie.

Comment

Beautiful. But I would rather a stock bed on it rather than a Dakota one. But good lookn none the less.

Comment

Jack,...If You want a REALLY good deal on a 2WD 'Brand X'....PM Me. Ed

Comment

Here's one that's probably right up your alley as far as price and low original miles go; but its a little far afield in Bend, OR

Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

A few more

Here's one in Riverhead, NY They are asking $4550.

This on's on Ebay. Again, a little far afield. Bellingham, WA

This one is in NM with a BIN price of $3850.

Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
              Kenmore, Washington
              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
              '69 Pontiac Firebird
              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

That Blue, Spring Mills, Penn. '62 Champ looks very good, with a huge amount of very nice Custom work put into it, for under $6000.00 it should be a Good Deal for those that want a sharp Truck, rather than a Yard Hauler like Jack B is looking for.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by billmdonn View Post
                  Here is one in Central Pa. Looks good to me, but photos can lie.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4251613756.html
                  Wow, that early Dakota box fits on there better than the factory Studebaker box!
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    That Blue, Spring Mills, Penn. '62 Champ looks very good, with a huge amount of very nice Custom work put into it, for under $6000.00 it should be a Good Deal for those that want a sharp Truck, rather than a Yard Hauler like Jack B is looking for.
                    Pardon me for being a little suspicious...but some old saying like, "if it's too good to be true..." is sounding an alarm in my head. Sorta like one of those Craigslist lures you sometimes read about in the news. Somebody go look...take a friend...check it out. If it was closer, I'd sure be investigating.

And Bob Andrews...you're right...that bed looks great!
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

sals54

Comment

That's because it was really a Dodge box that was installed on the Line . hey come to think of it,it has a Dodge box on it now .
                        Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                        Wow, that early Dakota box fits on there better than the factory Studebaker box!
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Does fit great and looks like it belongs there!
                          Even the body lines, line up!
                          Dodge should have built the Dakota back in the 60s!
                          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            I have seen that truck and it is VERY nice. Not only that, but I know the seller who is a long-time Studebaker guy and he is very straight.
                            I was really impressed with the fit of the Dakota bed too.
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, do you remember if all of that side ground effects is Metal or not?
                              I have never seen a vehicle at stock height that LOOKS Low like that, so much better than dragging your bottom all over the place!

We better send that Boy back to Photography I, or get him a Real Camera!
                              That is a sweet Truck that deserves a lot better.
                              Last edited by StudeRich; 12-27-2013, 09:09 PM.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X