1963 Cruiser Apholstery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Cruiser Apholstery

Hi all: I wonder if there is anyone that has reapholsted their 1963 Lark Cruiser seats and if so, what type of upholstery was used. Mine are original, but the foam seats are starting to deteriorate and the upholstery is rough...lots of holes and tears. Mine does not have to be factory original, but the vinyl upholstery outers are in good shape, great to be saved. Just need into for the cloth part of the upholstery seats. Thanks!

Studedude1961
    John Waddell
    --1963 Cruiser

A good source for nice, NOS style [u]UPHOLSTERY</u> is Phantom Auto Interiors in Salem, OH. The new owners, Nick & Nicole, are doing a fantastic job and produce some very nice, quality interiors. They can be contacted at: 330-337-8879, info@phantomstudebakers.com or you can visit their website: www.phantomstudebakers.com. If you opt to go non-stock then any qualified upholstery shop can rebuild your seat base and stitch in some cloth inserts. Good luck.

Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    christof@rockymountainstudebaker.net
    Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

A good source for nice, NOS style [u]UPHOLSTERY</u> is Phantom Auto Interiors in Salem, OH. The new owners, Nick & Nicole, are doing a fantastic job and produce some very nice, quality interiors. They can be contacted at: 330-337-8879, info@phantomstudebakers.com or you can visit their website: www.phantomstudebakers.com. If you opt to go non-stock then any qualified upholstery shop can rebuild your seat base and stitch in some cloth inserts. Good luck.

Christof Kheim
      ---studesnbldr
      christof@rockymountainstudebaker.net
      Christof Kheim
      ---studesnbldr
      ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

The guys at SMS are pretty good too. They have reproduced most of the fabrics. I received samples of the 63 regal material and vinyl. They have matched it exactly. If you are looking for just the material. This is a great source. Their website is http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ They are located in Oregon and you can order samples to see if it matches what you have. Hope this helps.
        Bob

Comment

The guys at SMS are pretty good too. They have reproduced most of the fabrics. I received samples of the 63 regal material and vinyl. They have matched it exactly. If you are looking for just the material. This is a great source. Their website is http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ They are located in Oregon and you can order samples to see if it matches what you have. Hope this helps.
          Bob

Comment

Have you checked at SASCO? If they don't have the seat covers, they have the upholstery cloth available. We bought quite a bit of the chestnut striped fabric yardage earlier this year for our '63 Lark. ~Lori

"The Common Sense Car"
            "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
            '63 Lark "Lucy"
            '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
            A bunch of other Larks
            '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

Have you checked at SASCO? If they don't have the seat covers, they have the upholstery cloth available. We bought quite a bit of the chestnut striped fabric yardage earlier this year for our '63 Lark. ~Lori

"The Common Sense Car"
              "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
              '63 Lark "Lucy"
              '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
              A bunch of other Larks
              '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

Sorry for the misspellings...it was 2:30 a.m.! Thanks for all the info guys.

Studedude1961
                --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Sorry for the misspellings...it was 2:30 a.m.! Thanks for all the info guys.

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

A number of years ago I got a NOS set for my '63 Cruiser. It fit perfectly and looked great. The Cruiser was my daily driver. The problem I encountered was, the forty year old foam filler under the nylon material started to disintegrate within a year. If an original nylon could be stitched with new foam, you would have something that would last. The vinyl also proved itself to be somewhat less flexible than would new stock.

For a seldom used show car NOS would be great. If it's going to see any traffic, it would be nice if someone was duplicating it with all new fresh components.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

A number of years ago I got a NOS set for my '63 Cruiser. It fit perfectly and looked great. The Cruiser was my daily driver. The problem I encountered was, the forty year old foam filler under the nylon material started to disintegrate within a year. If an original nylon could be stitched with new foam, you would have something that would last. The vinyl also proved itself to be somewhat less flexible than would new stock.

For a seldom used show car NOS would be great. If it's going to see any traffic, it would be nice if someone was duplicating it with all new fresh components.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have green NOS seat covers, I think, I also have some NOS inserts both vinyl and cloth in different colors. We have used some of it and worked great with out any trouble so far.

Ebon...

Comment

I have green NOS seat covers, I think, I also have some NOS inserts both vinyl and cloth in different colors. We have used some of it and worked great with out any trouble so far.

Ebon...

Comment

Working...
                          X