Who needs fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who needs fenders?

Just a few random shots of a nice old race car!
    Attached Files

Sweet!
    Here's a brother/sister car in America's Packard Museum in Dayton, OH.
    They let me take it for a spin.

Well, related by marriage...later...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1687017

Comment

Is that George Reitnerour's (sp?) old car?

Mark

Comment

jefscoupe sig line

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I websurfed, weak and weary, Over many a strange and spurious website of 'Studie parts and more',
        While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, And my heart was filled with mourning,
        mourning for my dear amour. "'Tis not possible!" I muttered, "Give me back my parts galore!"
        Quoth the server: "404".
        Best one yet!!!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          Just a few random shots of a nice old race car!
          I have been in that car. Do you fit into it?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I have been in that car. Do you fit into it?
            Sure do!...Bob's friend/mechanic Pat took Me for a ride in it a couple years ago....a real thrill...great sound....and I quickly learned not to rest My arm on that enormous tailpipe! (OUCH)

Comment

The Packard was owned and driven by Packard engineer Jesse Vincent.
              Check out this video I took a couple years ago.
              Model 628 with open exhaust.This car was once owned and driven by Jesse Vincent, an engineer for Packard in the 20s and 30s.Video taken at the Packard Museum...

Anyone got a video of the Studebaker shown?

Comment

A few more random shots of 'That Nice Old Race Car'
                Attached Files

Comment

We don't need No Stinking Fenders!! ..

Comment

Did I see footage of the green study running wide in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca?

I like the Packard pickup they parked the black race car next to!
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk58man View Post
                      We don't need No Stinking Fenders!! ..
                      Exactly.
                      With those fenders off, it can fit down my chimney!
                      Andy
                      62 GT

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OLD SN-60 (and watch that tailpipe!!!!!!!)
                        Attached Files

Comment

I was recently speaking with the owner of one of the surviving Studebaker Indy Team Cars of the thirties. He mentioned that another team car owner, (possibly the fellow from Germany with the black #46), has been contacting other owners trying to arrange an actual flat out race between these Indy cars to determine which car is the quickest! The car owner I was speaking with, although He frequently shows and drives His car, wanted no part of any such contest. (And who could blame Him, considering the risk of damaging these irreplaceable cars if entered into a serious race.)

Comment

It's commonly known that Studebaker used the 'P' prefix on engine serial numbers to designate it's 289 V8. They also used that same 'P' prefix on the 1955 President series of 259 V8 engines. Did Studebaker ever use the 'P' prefix on any other of their eight cylinder engines? (Yes, this question DOES have something to do with this thread!)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                              It's commonly known that Studebaker used the 'P' prefix on engine serial numbers to designate it's 289 V8. They also used that same 'P' prefix on the 1955 President series of 259 V8 engines. Did Studebaker ever use the 'P' prefix on any other of their eight cylinder engines? (Yes, this question DOES have something to do with this thread!)
                              No thoughts on this? OK, ANSWER------At least one other Stude 8cyl engine had a 'P' prefix......The block (and head) of the straight eight in #37 have a 'P' prefix.....But this time the 'P' stands for "Proving Ground"!

Comment

Working...
                              X