Studebaker Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Songs

I am making a slide show/movie of the golden hawk restoration for my parents' 50th anniversary, and have been searching for Studebaker songs for the background music. I actually found one called 'Golden Hawk' by Neville Crozier on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBnP3xLZ1PQ. Also found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPOdy-i9E88
    Any other songs out there?

'Antique '32 Studebaker Dictator Coupe' by Ronnie and the Daytonas ('Little GTO')

Comment

You need to see if you can contact our forum member Sam Ensley. He is a musician and has some CD's with a bunch of songs dedicated to Studebaker. He lives in northern Georgia. Great guy and you'll enjoy his songs.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Try the Calhouns,on youtube. I bought a couple or their albums on Amazon.[Have 4,need to buy more.] Well,forget you tube,I just searched for them and got a different group,same name. Any way,they have at least 2 albums with all Stude' songs on them-"Studebaker Rebel" and "Studebakin'"
        Last edited by 52hawk; 12-21-2013, 05:15 PM.
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Sam Ensley is the Man..................
          Jack White
          Charlotte,NC
          North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

AS AN old DJ from the 70's, I recall a song by Nat Stuckey named "Sweet Thang and Cisco" In the chorus He keeps calling his wife to get him out of jail. He sings:"Hop in your Studebaker,come tell that Jailor that you want Sweet Thang and Cisco!"

Come to think of it... that song must have been from the 60's. I had a girl friend who called me "Sweet Thang" because of my Studebaker.
            During the 70's I had a wife who just called me "HONEY"! Come to think of it...She still does.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

hey just a quick reply. Frank Zappa has a great song from his early work called 'Billy the Mountain" mentioning " a "fantastic new superhero" named Studebacher Hoch, named after the Studebaker Silver Hawk automobile"
              Last edited by DSpreeman; 12-22-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Here's one... (barely)

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

More here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=billy+joel

Craig

Comment

This came up a few days ago on the FB Studebaker group, Studebakers mentioned in songs. Billy the Mountain came up, Gary Stewart's song and a new reference I found reading a book about the group, Roxy Music. The leader of that group, Brian Ferry apparently owned a Studebaker and referenced it in a song the group had as their first hit single, Virginia Plain.
                    http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/roxy+music/virginia+plain_20118965.html

there was a recollection from the band's leader about the meaning behind the lyrics of their first single, "Virginia Plain", "...bits of ideas that link up for me, but maybe not for anyone else. I used to have a Studebaker...and the first three lines are about our lawyer."

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
                      Try the Calhouns,on youtube. I bought a couple or their albums on Amazon.[Have 4,need to buy more.] Well,forget you tube,I just searched for them and got a different group,same name. Any way,they have at least 2 albums with all Stude' songs on them-"Studebaker Rebel" and "Studebakin'"
                      If you're going to the SDC/AOAI/ASC meet next month in St. Louis, make sure you sign up to attend Fun Night, Thursday Aug. 20, after the day's concours d'elegance. The Calhouns will be performing for those attending Fun Night, in the East Ballroom of the Sheraton Plaza.
                      Lew Schucart
                      Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Here's a database search....

http://tinyurl.com/Music-Lyrics-Studebaker

Jeff

Comment

And of course for some vintage Studebaker music , we have Richard Himber and the Studebaker Champions Orchestra.
                            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

One of my favorite bluegrass instrumentals is "Studebaker" by Kenny Smith. Check out the YouTube vid:
                              sigpic
                              Bob Shaw
                              Rush City, Minnesota
                              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
                              X