Stude resto mod done right!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude resto mod done right!!!

I prefer to see Studebakers kept reasonably stock, but I've got to admit I wouldn't mind owning this custom!!!! Beautiful execution!

Almost looks organic. Looks like a future car. Art.
    sigpic
    '89 Ford Festiva
    '90 Ford F250 4x4
    '18 Kia Soul
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Is that the oil pan hanging down 3"?

If so, yikes!
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

The basic styling of the C/K is timeless. A 3/4 sized vehicle with these lines relying on today's materials, electronics and mechanical advancements would be a solid market place competitor today. This why the coupes/hardtops attract those who would attempt to customize their wheels.

With today's materials, sizing and electronics I would expect a today version of the vehicle would deliver MPG well in the 30's. Consider the weight reduction between the original PS at 60# and the newer Saginaw at 35#, today's motors 100# or more lighter than the 259. Thinner sheet metal and an overall length enough shorter that I could actually walk around it in the garage and electronics could only drive the fuel economy of such a vehicle north.

Just a little ahead of it's time.

Comment

V.I.N. tag looks neat above the column on the firewall. Is that legal?
          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
          sigpic
          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

ALL that work!....Wow! Extremely well done. I really like the look of this Stude.

Comment

I had a vin tag on the firewall of a 36 Ford I bought with a builders title, no one complained ! ( I made the tag and mounted it when I couldn't find the builders number on the car) . When asked at the dealer that verified it , he asked if number was on car, I said saw it one place and showed him, he was happy and didn't ask if I put it their!
              Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

It was on Ebay not long ago:

Craig

Comment

That's pretty wicked looking from the back.

Comment

Sorry...while the basic bodywork looks nice...they severly "F'd" up the design of a perfectly good car.
                    Stude got the proportions right...this guy didn't. Maybe there's a reason that there is no full-on side shot of the car, these shortened C/K cars just do not look right.
                    The streched nose, looks...good.
                    The new door cut, looks, sorta ok.
                    The front sheet metal work looks good.
                    The interior looks ok (I actually like most of it).
                    Under the hood looks like a Hot Wheels car, (strange, just too cool).
                    The rear end bodywork looks..ok, (except for it's missing "way" too many inches in length).
                    The exhaust system (from the rear axle back) looks like a 10 year old did the work (not equal height)..!
                    The wheels and tires....sorry do not fit this car (just a LITTLE too big..!).
                    The wheels and tires are tucked WAY too far inside the body.
                    While the windshield looks ok, the tops design doesn't fit the car design, (looks more like a top for a 32 roadster).
                    As mentioned, the oil pan is in dire need of some customization..!

Ok...I could go on, but I'll shutup now.

Mike

Comment

I think this goes way beyond the "resto-mod" category...
                      '53 Commander
                      Art Morrison chassis
                      LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Did I just hear Bourke groan?
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The car was built out of a South Bend 1953 Champion.

I do not know how you can call it a "resto mod". It is a full custom (or Kustom as the seller calls it - George Barris term).
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            I do not know how you can call it a "resto mod". It is a full custom (or Kustom as the seller calls it - George Barris term).
                            At least it's not a "Cusstom." (Old Roscoemacaw term.)
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Lots of expertise shows in the workmanship. No matter if resto or custom-another one saved!

Comment

Working...
                              X