Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help locating my fathers old 60 Lark (Oregon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help locating my fathers old 60 Lark (Oregon)

Hello all,

I am in a quest to find my fathers old 1960 Lark. He passed away this July and I am trying to locate the car in hopes of having it back in the family some day.
    He lived in Canby, Oregon and I think it was sold to someone in the PNW.

I will try to dig up a picture of it soon.

It is a special car to me.

-2dr. hardtop
    -Cream/Tan color
    -Brownish bronze tuck and roll seats
    -Originally it was a VI
    -The engine is a clover leaf 289 that has been painted to match the body color
    -T-10 4speed with line-loc on the shifter
    -Custom exhaust that dumped out behind the front tire to run wide open, or through mufflers to the rear.

I can use all the help I can get, thank you!

Tim Galyean
    503-799-7779

PM sent. It is in Vancouver, WA.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
      PM sent. It is in Vancouver, WA.
      That is AWESOME. Fast service! Good luck
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Talked to the guy that bought the car from my father and he said he sold it about a year ago to someone in the Midwest/east coast. So the search is still on.

Thanks Studecenter!

Comment

Subscribing so I can follow the story....

Comment

We had a lot of fun with that car. Lots of good memories wrenching on it, driving it to chapter meetings, and even taking it to the drag strip where it would run in the 13's. Not too shabby for a stock stude. He loved that engine, said it was the only motor that he had ever saw that would pull zero vacuum.

Comment

Are you looking to repurchase it, or just find out where it is?
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I think it's worth repeating what I said in another thread. It would be great if everyone would take the time to write up a little of your car's known history and put in the glove box so it would stay with the car and not be lost forever. The car's history has become a huge part of what the car is today, someone will definitely be thankful for the information.-Bill

Comment

Good luck on the hunt. I hope it turns up. Do you have the serial number for the car (or did the next owner down the line know it?) If you post it here, you've got a good chance of getting club members all over the nation will start checking door posts

Some of my earliest memories were of me riding in my Grandpa's '60 Lark hardtop. Watching the road pass beneath the rusted out floor pans, "helping" under the hood, etc. It's a real shame it was too far gone to restore by the time I dug it up. I still regret letting it go. Keep us posted on the hunt. These cars turn up in the weirdest places sometimes, but the usually turn up.
                  '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    Are you looking to repurchase it, or just find out where it is?
                    Read the first post.....He said he wants it back in the family.
                    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Yes, that was worth repeating...it will add to the value.
                      Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                      I think it's worth repeating what I said in another thread. It would be great if everyone would take the time to write up a little of your car's known history and put in the glove box so it would stay with the car and not be lost forever. The car's history has become a huge part of what the car is today, someone will definitely be thankful for the information.-Bill
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                      X