Plans for Stude Jr farm wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for Stude Jr farm wagon?

As much as I enjoy my Studes, I equally enjoy woodworking.

I have looked through past posts regarding Jr Farm Wagons, but have not seen any information about PLANS to build one of these little guys.

Anyone know of detailed dimensional drawings of the "real deal" for sale?

Not interested in buying a wagon...I wanna build one.

Thanks,

D
    sigpicGood judgment is the result of experience; ...experience is the result of bad judgment.

Plans are for sale on Ebay all the time......

(Just make sure you put a tribute tag on it when you are done)

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Harvard/ Studebaker Junior Farm Wagon Full-Size Pattern Blueprint Plans at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Hey Doug,

Once you start full production, when can I put in my order? And instead of a Jr., I might want a 'senior' - something like a 3:1 scale...

Hope you have a great holiday and hopefully see you soon in 2014.

Comment

Jeff...thank you very much! I'm on it!

Patrick... I'll put you in my tickler file for future sales.

Hoping you both have a great Christmas season.

D
        sigpicGood judgment is the result of experience; ...experience is the result of bad judgment.

Comment

As mentioned those plans appear frequently on Ebay though I am not sure how accurate they are. I purchased six reproduction Juniors from Noah Stutzman of Baltic, Ohio maybe 10 years ago. I can attest to the quality and accuracy of his workmanship. Noah is Amish and doesn't have a phone or computer but if you wish to write him see his address on photo #1 below. Not sure of current price but at that time it was around $600. I ultimately re-sold all of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1686977Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1393.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1686978
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

The fully finished (quite beautiful) wagons are seven hundred dollars. The kits are three hundred-fifty. You will need wheels and I don't recommend building them yourself as they're quite an art in and of themselves requiring some rather unique equipment. Mr Stutzman sells the wheels for a hundred-sixty a set (steel tyres, quite a good price).
            I would recommend buying at least the axles as well and have him set the boxings into the wheels.

Sounds like a great project! Best of everything!
            Last edited by studeclunker; 12-21-2013, 10:02 AM.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X