Wagonaire Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire Seats

The seats for my 63 Wagonaire are at Allen Barth's shop in Spokane, WA. Allen does it all there. Mechanical, custom fabrication, body and paint, upholstery, nut and bolt restorations to wild customs. Allen's son Jim does most of the upholstery work at the shop and is a real expert. Jim's upholstery has appeared in several magazines in featured cars.

Allen sent me a few pictures today of the almost finished work.

Here is the front seat "before". My Wagonaire was a Southern California desert car. The good news about that is that it is absolutely rust free. The bad news is that there wasn't much left of the interior...

Allen and Jim have done the seats in the original patterns and original colors, but with much heavier vinyl...

They also use a lot more padding to get rid of the hard edged, uncomfortable, inexpensive car look.

Nice going Allen and Jim!
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Beautiful Job Dick. I wonder how they missed that fact that the Center Blue Strip was the same width and matching from back to bottom?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Beautiful Job Dick. I wonder how they missed that fact that the Center Blue Strip was the same width and matching from back to bottom?
      It's the same Rich. The back is further away from the camera.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
        It's the same Rich. The back is further away from the camera.
        Sorry, apparently these "Modern Zoom Lenses" zoomed in to Telephoto, do strange things to the perspective that Std. "Normal" Lenses and Eyes do not.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X