No announcement yet.

Studebaker: Car of the week winner....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker: Car of the week winner....

My insurance company has a weekly feature on their website for 'Ride of the week".
    I sent them a photo of the Avanti and it was selected.

No prize money (or better yet, insurance discount )...but I did get a neat T-shirt.

It's not much, and believe it or not I didn't do it just to show off, it's just that in my humble opinion, if we want to make Studebakers more popular, we've got to show them to people.

Caution, Mini-rant ahead: There is a guy in our local chapter that looks upon such efforts with disdain...he doesn't even like it if people explain or discuss their cars at car shows...he see's it as "selling" the car in an effort to get a trophy.
    Some people just don't get it.

Anyway, it's good to get Studebakers some attention.

Happy holidays!
    Last edited by JBOYLE; 12-16-2013, 10:07 AM.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Congrats! Very nice to see a Stude get the nod!
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Very cool. Love that color.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Beautiful car. As far as the cranky club member goes, maybe he should just stay home?
        peter lee

Comment

Nice car and picture. Good to give our Studebakers some publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post

Caution, Mini-rant ahead: There is a guy in our local chapter that looks upon such efforts with disdain...he doesn't even like it if people explain or discuss their cars at car shows...he see's it as "selling" the car in an effort to get a trophy.
            Some people just don't get it.

Anyway, it's good to get Studebakers some attention.

Happy holidays!
            You may want to explain to him that "Taking his car to a show or even a club public gathering" amounts to the same thing. He's not only short sighted but rude in not addressing folks questions and attention.

In any case, congrats on your success in helping increase the visibility of the Marque. Wear the shirt with pride, particularly when he's present.

Well done, Bob

Comment

Very nice Car John, also Great Picture. I am sure the nice Washington Lake scene did not hurt either!
              Oh, oh, there are no Washington State SDC Chapters listed on ACI's Club Locator!
              We need to fix that!
              Last edited by StudeRich; 12-16-2013, 04:09 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey thats my insurance company also! I didn't even know I could send in a picture and have a chance at this. Maybe we can get two Studebakers on there!
                sigpic
                1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X