Is this a fair price for this 66 cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a fair price for this 66 cruiser

So I've been looking to get a classic car for this coming spring and an older lady that I work with said she had a 66 Studebaker cruiser I said I would think about it went home*and did some research and I think the history is interesting on them so I told her I was interested she said she would sell to me for 3500 its got power front brakes all new brakes power steering new fule pump new hoses her husband went through the engine he is a mechanic mostly new interior needs seats done though has 43000 original miles has option sheet and all manuals that's all I can think of right now is it worth the price?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131214_223832_397.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1742004[
    ATTACH=CONFIG]30527[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131214_223737_474.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1742006
    Attached Files

Why don't you go and check it over. Then see what you can get for 3500 in the way of 1966 in the big three.

Comment

I think $ 3500 is a really good price if you make sure it isn't rusty underneath.

Comment

I plan on taking a look at it on holiday shutdown next week but from the pics it looks nice and I know I can't touch a 66 mustang for 3500 in half the shape as this car appeares to be I just Dont know much about these and I can't find to many for sale to get ball park figure on a fare price it also has the factory 283

Comment

She said he repainted the bottom and its rust free

Comment

Looks like a pretty good deal so far. Maybe some folks can explain where the usual rust appears and you can look closely in those areas.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

From the pictures it looks like a steal ! You need to check out under side as someone has mentioned and also the frame, if the bottom plate on the frame is wavy beware
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If it's as nice as the photos suggest, I would think the price is fair. Personally, if I wanted the car, I'd offer less - doesn't hurt to do that. If she stands firm, it's worth her price - again, assuming it's as pretty up close as it is in the pics.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here's another: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...r-up-for-grabs

Craig

Comment

Those appear to be Bendix/Dunlap Power DISC Front brakes with Finned 11 Inch Rear Drums, and a Flanged Rear Axle, a BIG Plus on a Studebaker over the tapered Axles of prior models. That car should be a steal at $3,500.00 baring serious rust out underneath.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich , if your willing to pay that much I have a Daytona for you <g>
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                        Rich , if your willing to pay that much I have a Daytona for you <g>

Thanks Bob, but no thanks. We already have one '65 Daytona 8 Sports Sedan in the Family, and I do not think we can afford to re-frame TWO of em!
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Since the 66's have taken off some and more people are liking them I have a perfect frame for one in my shop it has been there inside for 15 years just standing there in the corner along side a 63 wagon frame both are for sale in case some one needs one for their project.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            We already have one '65 Daytona 8 Sports Sedan in the Family, and I do not think we can afford to re-frame TWO of em!
                            I don't know about that Dad--

I think Mom's '65 is at least as nice as your '64 hardtop...

StudeDave '57
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The right price is that which is mutually satisfactory. I have bought 3 Cruisers recently, a V8 needing work but basically ok for $3000, another V 8 in great condition basically wash and drive for $9000 and a 6 Cylinder in good condition for $5000.

I hope you can find a mutually acceptable price and wish you happy motoring.
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X