Awesome 'Survivor'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome 'Survivor'

Not many people can say they own a Studebaker that's this original, and with such low mileage....That's factory Studebaker paint You're looking at. This '60 Lark was brought to the SDC Ocean Bay Chapter 'Octoberfest' by its proud owner!
    Attached Files

Very nice - and with no OD, those miles make a little more sense...

Comment

'60 Lark VI 2 Dr.

Wow, looks like it was ordered with a Climitizer, and that's IT!
      Unless by some rare chance, it has Back-up Lights that we can't see, there is NOTHING else on that car, not even a Side View Mirror. Maybe Connie was a Conservative, little Old Maid Schoolteacher!

That Lark sure is in fantastic shape though.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-15-2013, 01:34 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Why is the upholstery redone? Are the headlamp rims paintedd?

Over the years I have looked at, for purchase, several Studebakers with less than 12K miles on them. They ranged from cars that I would not feel safe driving around the block in to cars that appeared as new.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Wow, looks like it was ordered with a Climitizer, and that's IT!
          Unless by some rare chance, it has Back-up Lights that we can't see, there is NOTHING else on that car, not even a Side View Mirror. Maybe Connie was a Conservative, little Old Maid Schoolteacher!

That Lark sure is in fantastic shape though.
          Ask and Ye shall receive!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            /Cut/Why is the upholstery redone? Are the headlamp rims painted?/Cut/
            They sure appear to be Body Color as a Deluxe should be.

Thanks Ed for the rear view and Engine compartment view.

It is now starting to look like a very nice "Restored" Low Mileage Lark.
            After 53 years, I am not buying that the Engine is original paint etc. though.

Unless it is the lighting, the rear view does not even look like Oasis Green like the Firewall does, repaint?
            Last edited by StudeRich; 12-15-2013, 01:52 PM.
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You folks seem interested in this little beauty....Here's a few more shots of her!
              Attached Files

Comment

What a gorgeous car ! I had a blue one back about 5 years ago that was basically the same plane jane type....they are nice little cars.
                I go along with Rich about a few things have to be restored. I can't see those rims looking like that after all these years and also those inner fenders.....shouldn't they be body color .....correct me if I'm wrong on that one but I always thought body color on them.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The Instruments look very much like replacement Gold Center Regal Units, the Dipstick was repainted Red, the Inner Fenders look like Black Por15, undercoating, flat paint? obviously repainted as the Engine was. Added Fan warning decal, Replacement Aftermarket Battery Hold Down, New repro original type Willard Battery etc, etc.

Please remember that none of this IMO, lowers the value, look, desirability, beauty or anything.
                  It is just a bit questionable that it is a True "Time Warp" Car rolled out of heated, Dry indoor storage since New, in perfect condition, that is all.

I am sure it was very nice and only needed a little "help" to look like New.
                  Didn't we talk about this Car when it was For Sale recently?
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I might be getting old, but I still have a good enough memory to recall seeing cars of this era on the car lots only a few days after being delivered to the dealers. Be they Fords, Chevy's, Chrysler products, and yes...Studebaker, rarely did the poorly cad plated items like the battery hold down J bolts, coil brackets, heater valves, etc. make it a week or two without showing a little surface rust. This looks like a great little car...but, pardon me for being just a wee bit skeptical about the survivor part.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                      I might be getting old, but I still have a good enough memory to recall seeing cars of this era on the car lots only a few days after being delivered to the dealers. Be they Fords, Chevy's, Chrysler products, and yes...Studebaker, rarely did the poorly cad plated items like the battery hold down J bolts, coil brackets, heater valves, etc. make it a week or two without showing a little surface rust. This looks like a great little car...but, pardon me for being just a wee bit skeptical about the survivor part.
                      Consider Yourself pardoned!

Comment

Beautiful condition.

Comment

Depends on the definition of "survivor", I suppose. The car clearly has been detailed. Look at the accelerator bracket on the engine firewall (freshly painted). I think this is a beauty though and, if it is the original paint and interior, I consider it a survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                            Depends on the definition of "survivor", I suppose. The car clearly has been detailed. Look at the accelerator bracket on the engine firewall (freshly painted). I think this is a beauty though and, if it is the original paint and interior, I consider it a survivor.
                            Yes, it's a wonderful example of an original, low mileage Studebaker. How many could still be around in this condition?

Comment

Just lovely. Barney was that sort of stripper originally, but he didn't survive quite as well

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X