No announcement yet.

Life is good. I have a new Studebaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is good. I have a new Studebaker!

After a long hiatus, I have returned to the Studebaker fold. My new-used 1963 Cruiser arrived from Texas! Can't wait to start tinkering and getting her roadworthy. Will be my daily driver, although I hate to take her out in Illinois winters
    Attached Files

looks good - where in illinois are you?
    61 lark cruiser
    64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

West Peoria.

Comment

Very nice good luck with it.
        sigpic
        2005 Dodge Magnum
        1952 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

my cousin, Jim Moore, lives in Lincoln, Il. he has three studebakers. i'm from the south suburbs of chicago. i have two studes. my pics are on the forum next thread below yours right now. hope to meet ya some day!
          61 lark cruiser
          64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Just did an estate sale in Lincoln. Nice town. Will be getting back into the World O' Studebaker now. Used to do the auctions at International Meets 12-15 years ago. Really have missed it. Look forward to meeting you too

Comment

Coming from Texas it should be a solid example. The last Studebaker I bought to be a daily driver was a '63 Cruiser. Excellent automobiles with plenty of power and comfort.
              If it's to be a daily driver through Illinois winters, I would suggest getting it up on a hoist and spraying anything and everything you can with something that will inhibit snow, salt and rust. Get it everywhere we especially expect to find rust: headlight eyebrows, back edge of front fenders, front corner body supports, bottoms of doors, pillars and doglegs, rear corners of trunk, etc.
              There has been a lot of discussion over the years about what to use. I like Amsoil MPHD. Some just use old oil. Anything is better than nothing but, use something that will creep in to all the seams and never get fully hardened. If it solidifies it is likely to trap moisture against the metal.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Lark-types have some odd rust spots. Been driving Studebakers on and off since 1988 and been in SDC since 1992. My first Stude was a '63 Cruiser I bought for $450! Drove my boss nuts when I parked next to her brand new black BMW!

Comment

Looks nice. I like that color too.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Rose Mist under all that dust!

Comment

You will enjoy driving the 63, they handle nicely
                      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                      1961 Hawk 4-speed
                      1967 Avanti
                      1961 Lark 2 door
                      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Nice car! And welcome back. I had to leave the world of Studebaker owners in 2003 and was able to come back to the fold about 2 years ago. Now I own 2 of them! Would love to see more photos when you get the chance. Are you also a member of the Big Six River Bend chapter or the Land of Lincoln chapter based out of Springfield? Used to belong to Land of Lincoln years ago when I lived in south central IL (Effingham), but they were about 100 miles from where I lived, so George Shirley and I started the Prairie Crossroads chapter in 1996 for those of us in the area. At the time the nearest chapters (Gateway in St. Louis, and Land of Lincoln in Springfield) were just far enough away to be inconvenient. Chapter membership is very beneficial, in my opinion. Lots of good people and fellowship (and lots of help, if you need it!).

Comment

Have not joined a chapter as of yet. Last one I belonged to was the Michiana Chapter when I lived north of South Bend! Looking forward to the camaraderie of fellow Studebaker fans.

Comment

Either a lot of 1963's were Rose Mist in color or; a high percentage of the survivors today were painted that way.
                            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Congrats!!
                              -James

Comment

Working...
                              X