PDA

View Full Version : 37 president

jerezstude
12-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Around the middle of oct I received a letter from the aaca notify me that my 37 state president cp has been nominated for a national award. Several years ago I quite having my vehicles judged by SDC because of the anal exam, while the aaca in my opinion is far more realistic in there judging. Today I received notification by mail I won a national award, a really big deal. The awards are presented at the National Awards Banquet held at the Sheraton Downtown Hotel in Phila, Pa on Feb 8,2014. Of the thousands of vehicles the aaca judges only about 25 or so receive this award each year. Rather impressive because this car was restored by two amateur restorers in the garage behind my house while most, if not all, of the other recipients will be professional done. Jerry Kurtz

bosshoss61
12-10-2013, 07:14 PM
congratulations...sounds like the two guys behind the garage were pros.

Cowtown Commander
12-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Congratulations Jerry! It was great that you brought the car to the national meets in South Bend and Colorado Springs so all of us could see it close up. Thanks so much for all you do to keep our old Studes on the road. Sent you a letter today.

Studebaker Wheel
12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Deserving award for a beautiful car. My red '39 Coupe Express won a similar award in 2011. Fortunately I didn't have to attend as they sent it to me. 1600 mile round trip in the middle of winter not my idea of fun. Of course you live a bit closer. By the way I do not see you as an amateur restorer. Not your first restoration by a long way...maybe a semi-professional!?

Hallabutt
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Jerry

Great, the car is beautiful not only because of the restoration but also it's style. It is truly a car that stands out in any crowd!
Studebakers need this type of exposure to help let other car people, not familiar with prewar Studebakers what they were all about. To show the rest of the car world that all Studebakers were not just bullet noses or Larks. Thanks Jerry, what you have accomplished is really special! Now if I could only finish mine maybe I could help with the job that you started.-Bill

2moredoors
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I have seen your vehicle and it certainly does deserve an award. Congrats, you do good work.

rockne10
12-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Very nicely done, Jerry! And well deserved!

Sheer patience and observation can turn any anal retentive amateur in to an award winning restorer. But we can only manage one project every eight to twenty years. :)

studerex
12-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Congrats Jerry. Your coupe express, coke truck and now the pres coupe are all great restorations. What is next?

Corvanti
12-10-2013, 10:10 PM
wear that badge on the grille with pride!:!!:

i hope it's bigger than the one on the '40, seen below (not a National award)...;)

Andy R.
12-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Congratulations Jerry!
And thanks Mr. Quinn for posting the photo. Just gorgeous, especially in that color.

I passed on a red one like that about 15 years ago. It was the one that got away.
I think it went on a rally in Europe and ended up in Belgium.

8E45E
12-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Bigger photo of it here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?64367-Friday-ASC-Tour

Craig

tomlewis
12-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Bigger photo of it here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?64367-Friday-ASC-Tour

Craig

Well deserved, Jerry. It is a beautiful car and restoration. Congratulations. Tom

jerezstude
12-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks for words of support. Those who know me also know I am not afraid to drive my Studebakers anytime, any place, however the Last two international meets this car has given me motor problems and had some unexpected trailer time. I even registered it to drive up Pikes Pike and obviously that didn't happen. I am surprised none of my good friends didn't post pictures with said car on a rescue trailer. Jerry KURTZ

2R5
12-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Jerry ....well deserved ! That in my opinion was the top Studebaker at this years International meet by a long shot

Studebaker Wheel
12-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for words of support. Those who know me also know I am not afraid to drive my Studebakers anytime, any place, however the Last two international meets this car has given me motor problems and had some unexpected trailer time. I even registered it to drive up Pikes Pike and obviously that didn't happen. I am surprised none of my good friends didn't post pictures with said car on a rescue trailer. Jerry KURTZ

Jerry; Had to laugh when I read this (you are one honest guy!). I had thoughts of doing just that but didn't want to take away from your solid reputation as a quality Studebaker restorer and a Studebaker driver! By the way do you have are all the bugs worked out now?

jerezstude
12-11-2013, 05:41 PM
To be honest I was so ticked off after CS I basically parked it in the garage and closed the door. I believe the problem is with the type of electric fuel pump I used so I changed it but haven't driven it since. Jerry Kurtz

LarkTruck
12-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Attaboy Jerry, If you are an amateur, I am just a beginner, with a loooong way to go!:D
Jim

clarkwd
02-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Jerry! Saw you get your trophy last night. AACA judges go to about a dozen AACA National shows around the country and look all the car brands that went out of production since 1939. They pick the one car that is the most outstanding from that group. Thats a lot of DeSotos, Plymouths, Edsels, Ramblers, Pontiacs, Tuckers, Grahams, ... It is a big deal. Good Job.
Bill

John K
02-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Jerry,

You did a great job on that car! It is absolutely beautiful and you deserved the award. Congratulations!

John

jerezstude
02-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone! In 06 I also received this award for my K15M truck so I knew the agenda. They set up great informative seminars along with a tour of the city, however it was too cold to get off at any of the stops. They now give a very impressive crystal trophy instead of a silver plate. The only thing I would like to see improved is the car badge as it rather small. Over the years I have preached to anyone in SDC who will listen a car badge similar to what they award in aaca should be given at national meets. We receive awards at national meets, Feel great at the banquet and take it home and put it on a shelf never to see the light day again. A car badge would show everyone who sees our cars at a car show or on the street that your car something special. I would also like to see the trophies standardized so the local would have one less thing to deal with each year. Jerry Kurtz