Radios and prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radios and prayers

Our Aunt Pat and Uncle Dan Skidmore are longtime fixtures in the Studebaker family and have been having some difficult challenges these past few months. Uncle Dan is familliar to many of you through the numerous small items he has had reproduced for trim and radios. As well as the good many offices he has held. A large number of his items are continuing to be sold through our many vendors. As age has snuck up on them, like it or not, they are slowing down. Recently Aunt Pat suffered a very serious stroke and is now in recovery. It will be a long recovery process. Bless her patience. Thanks to those who are thinking of them as they handle this journey. Uncle Dan is now getting out of his radio restoration business and has +/- 40, fully restored models on his shelves. He is trying to sell these very reasonably as he generally only asks whatever it cost him to restore. He also has some face plates, bezels and knobs available. This does not include any complete AM/FM radios. If you are in the market for a radio from the 30's to the end of Studebaker production please contact him by phone or address through his turning wheels ads.
    Cards and letters may be sent to them at the same address.
    Thanks, Rob and Shan Dudley

Dan and I have been in intermittent contact for the last several months.

It is very sad to hear of his health difficulties and I wish him the best in everything.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 12-07-2013, 07:34 PM.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

He mentioned that you had been in contact, I hope you can continue his restorations, it would be a load off his mind. I think that right now time seems to be flying for him.
      Rob

Comment

Of those available restored radios, is there one for a 1954 Commander Starliner, converted to 12 volts? If so, I would like to hear more details by PM. Thanks.

Comment

I am in Idaho and Uncle Dan is in Los Angeles (1200 miles) so I don't have immediate access to the radios. Uncle Dan restores radios to original condition so it is nearly certain he doesn't have one converted to 12 volts. I believe RadioRoy handles that type of conversion so he would be a better one to ask.

For more accurate information contact Dan Skidmore directly.
          Rob

Comment

I restored a S5327 radio for Dan that I converted to 12 volts. The radio will work in most 53 to 55 cars. I don't know if he still has the radio, but it is easy for me to check. Bud

Comment

Working...
            X