PDA

View Full Version : Lots (relatively) of 47-51 business coupes on ebay lately

southbend
12-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Given their relatively low production numbers, I've noticed a relatively large number of postwar business coupes on ebay in the past two month. Since Oct. I have counted 4 different '47's, a '50, and a '51. And, no, that '51 wasn't the elusive sole Commander built (according to Langworth's "Studebaker Buyers Guide" only one '48 Commander business coupe was built, too).All have been Champions, I believe. 1947 was the highest production year with 5221 Champion Deluxe models built and 3379 Champion Regal Deluxe models built. Just an observation.

studerodder
12-06-2013, 06:31 PM
My dad had a 51 champion 3 passenger coupe for a short while. it leaked oil terribly, so he got rid of it. sure wish i had it now.

Corvanti
12-06-2013, 06:43 PM
i also noticed the Bus. Coupes recently on ebay.;)

it seems that ebay Studebaker sales goes in spurts. for the last week or so there have been quite a few GT Hawks listed. sometimes more than normal amounts of Avantis, "Bulletnose", finned Hawks, etc... maybe it's due from folks talking about them here and elsewhere. i do recall there were quite a few finned Hawks that came up for sale after a '57 went for a very high price on one of the TV auctions in the last year or so.

tony58
12-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Lots of trucks on there also.I really like the red '51' from Texas.
Tony

southbend
12-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Lots of trucks on there also.I really like the red '51' from Texas.
Tony

There used to be a time in the old car hobby when you could hardly give away an old truck of ANY make. Now they are as popular, if not more so, that passenger cars. My how things change...

Skybolt
12-06-2013, 09:53 PM
I guess the American car/vehicle buyer has been buying F150 trucks on mass to a point that in some years it was the worlds best selling vehicle so it's not surprising that old trucks should become popular.

So far as business coupes go I would love to have a 47 with a modern, 59-64 frame, underneath with a 4 or 5 speed and a Studebaker v8 to power it.