Hawk parts NEEDED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk parts NEEDED!!!

Hello, I am stoneman69's 11 year old daughter, and my father and I are needing parts for our racecar. Our car will be used for racing at our local track for something to do. He and I will be working on this together because we both love racing, and enjoy being around it. I also have a younger sister who will also be included in this project (she is 9). All we are looking for is any hawk parts(hood) the parts will be used towards the car. Parts can be in any condition, prefer parts on their way to the junk yard. Please help our dream come true, we appreciate any given info in advance.
    Thank you

what year? 56-62 will all interchange physically although '56 and '62 are different in detail; 63-64 is a unique part and will not fit an earlier Hawk.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

what year? 56-62 will all interchange physically although '56 and '62 are different in detail; 63-64 is a unique part and will not fit an earlier Hawk.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I have a 56-61 Hawk fiberglass hood and front fenders here in Md.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        63 Lark 2 door
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a 56-61 Hawk fiberglass hood and front fenders here in Md.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          63 Lark 2 door
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP, I think you still have a '62 hood as well behind your garage IIRC...

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            --
            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

JDP, I think you still have a '62 hood as well behind your garage IIRC...

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Hi JP,IT'S JAY A FRIEND OF LEE'S WE MET AT SASCO ABOUT 4 YRS. AGO. I BOUGHT A DECK LID FROM YOU AND WOUND UP GIVING IT TO THE PREACHER I SPOKE WITH LEE AND HE SAID NEXT TIME HE COMES CLOSE TO WIS. WE COULD HOOK UP FOR PARTS . I WILL DRIVE TO MEET ANYONE WILLING TO HELP US OUT WITH THIS PROJECT AGAIN I'M JUST LOOKING FOR PARTS THAT REALLY ARE OF NO USE TO RESTORE A NICE STUDE RUSTED OUT AND DENTED PARTS AS I WON'T USE GOOD PARTS FOR A RACECAR.I STILL NEED A NICE DECK LID FOR MY 61 HAWK AS THE PREACHER NEVER CALLED ME TO GIVE ME HIS OLD HOOD SO MUCH FOR GOOD FAITH TRADING!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLY WITH INFO ON ANY PARTS LEADS.

THANKS
                JAY

Comment

Hi JP,IT'S JAY A FRIEND OF LEE'S WE MET AT SASCO ABOUT 4 YRS. AGO. I BOUGHT A DECK LID FROM YOU AND WOUND UP GIVING IT TO THE PREACHER I SPOKE WITH LEE AND HE SAID NEXT TIME HE COMES CLOSE TO WIS. WE COULD HOOK UP FOR PARTS . I WILL DRIVE TO MEET ANYONE WILLING TO HELP US OUT WITH THIS PROJECT AGAIN I'M JUST LOOKING FOR PARTS THAT REALLY ARE OF NO USE TO RESTORE A NICE STUDE RUSTED OUT AND DENTED PARTS AS I WON'T USE GOOD PARTS FOR A RACECAR.I STILL NEED A NICE DECK LID FOR MY 61 HAWK AS THE PREACHER NEVER CALLED ME TO GIVE ME HIS OLD HOOD SO MUCH FOR GOOD FAITH TRADING!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLY WITH INFO ON ANY PARTS LEADS.

THANKS
                  JAY

Comment

I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH THE EARLY SLOPED HOOD AND SIDE GRILLS BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE GETTING HARD TO FIND EVEN IN ROUGH SHAPE AND QUITE COSTLY AS THIS IS JUST GOING TO BE A RACER USED FOR VINTAGE SHOWS AND PARADES I WILL FIX ANYTHING I CAN GET. A GUY TOLD ME ABOUT A HUDSON MEET THIS WEEK BUT I WILL BE OUT OF TOWN SO I'LL HAVE TO KEEP SEARCHING I BOUGHT A NICE HOOD FROM LEE A FEW YEARS AGO FOR MY 61' BUT WILL NOT PUT IT ON THE TRACK. I GUESS I DONT KNOW THE EXACT YEARS THAT GO TOGETHER IS IT FROM 53' TO 55' THAT HAVE THE SLOPED HOOD WITH OUT THE BIG POT METAL GRILL??

Comment

I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH THE EARLY SLOPED HOOD AND SIDE GRILLS BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE GETTING HARD TO FIND EVEN IN ROUGH SHAPE AND QUITE COSTLY AS THIS IS JUST GOING TO BE A RACER USED FOR VINTAGE SHOWS AND PARADES I WILL FIX ANYTHING I CAN GET. A GUY TOLD ME ABOUT A HUDSON MEET THIS WEEK BUT I WILL BE OUT OF TOWN SO I'LL HAVE TO KEEP SEARCHING I BOUGHT A NICE HOOD FROM LEE A FEW YEARS AGO FOR MY 61' BUT WILL NOT PUT IT ON THE TRACK. I GUESS I DONT KNOW THE EXACT YEARS THAT GO TOGETHER IS IT FROM 53' TO 55' THAT HAVE THE SLOPED HOOD WITH OUT THE BIG POT METAL GRILL??

Comment

Jay, '53 and '54 hoods are the same. '55 is similar, but cut differently at the front. '56 thru '62 Hawk hoods are all similar.

To use a '53 or '54 hood, you need to have '53 or '54 front end sheet metal and grilles. I know you may not be using grilles in a race car, but you need the underlying sheet metal to support the hood and latch.

To use a '55 hood, you need the '55 front end sheet metal. It won't, as far as I know, mate up to either the earlier or later sheet metal.

To use a Hawk hood, you need the Hawk front sheet metal, AND inner fenders plus rad support.

For race-car purposes, I'd look for the hood that matches whatever existing sheet metal you have. If you make a change, you will have to change inner fenders, rad support, and all the little pieces that support the grilles.

I plan to be making a visit to Bob40's place near Minn./StPaul in a few weeks, and I have some spare '58 - '59 Hawk hoods. I have a '59 hood, minus the front 12" with grille opening, that you can have for free. A more complete one, I'd want about $100 for. But I can haul it that far no problem.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Jay, '53 and '54 hoods are the same. '55 is similar, but cut differently at the front. '56 thru '62 Hawk hoods are all similar.

To use a '53 or '54 hood, you need to have '53 or '54 front end sheet metal and grilles. I know you may not be using grilles in a race car, but you need the underlying sheet metal to support the hood and latch.

To use a '55 hood, you need the '55 front end sheet metal. It won't, as far as I know, mate up to either the earlier or later sheet metal.

To use a Hawk hood, you need the Hawk front sheet metal, AND inner fenders plus rad support.

For race-car purposes, I'd look for the hood that matches whatever existing sheet metal you have. If you make a change, you will have to change inner fenders, rad support, and all the little pieces that support the grilles.

I plan to be making a visit to Bob40's place near Minn./StPaul in a few weeks, and I have some spare '58 - '59 Hawk hoods. I have a '59 hood, minus the front 12" with grille opening, that you can have for free. A more complete one, I'd want about $100 for. But I can haul it that far no problem.

Comment

In response to Mr. Richmond, I will be using only the outer sheetmetal of a hawk as I'm hanging it over a tubular chassis.I have collected some parts that aren't good enough to build my 61' hawk with so hence the racecar. I would like to use the early style sloped hood but to find the hood with matching side grills may be hard ,again this is going on the dirt and i wouldn't use good parts. As it stands right now I have a complete body from a rotted out 59' all except a hood, I do have fins and grills . I plan on using the side grills to breathe fresh air on the front brakes. Since this car is going to see action on the track I'm trying to find any parts that may otherwise wind up in the scrap pile as I will fix rusted and dented parts. Just want to keep the HAWK on the track for all to see!!!

Comment

In response to Mr. Richmond, I will be using only the outer sheetmetal of a hawk as I'm hanging it over a tubular chassis.I have collected some parts that aren't good enough to build my 61' hawk with so hence the racecar. I would like to use the early style sloped hood but to find the hood with matching side grills may be hard ,again this is going on the dirt and i wouldn't use good parts. As it stands right now I have a complete body from a rotted out 59' all except a hood, I do have fins and grills . I plan on using the side grills to breathe fresh air on the front brakes. Since this car is going to see action on the track I'm trying to find any parts that may otherwise wind up in the scrap pile as I will fix rusted and dented parts. Just want to keep the HAWK on the track for all to see!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X