Moving ahead on the Speedster..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving ahead on the Speedster..

Cleaned up the Bell housing and put a new throw out bearing in...for $40 now I'd hate to have to pull all that stuff to do it later. Cleaned it up and put on a little paint. It's really a touch more blue green than these pics show under a flash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131201_170823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1741907

Beat a dent the size of 2 fists out of the front of the pan and buttoned it up. For $3.99 a pound for grade 5 bolts at Murdocks farm supply, I couldn't resist nice shiny new ones.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20131201_170815.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1741909

Tomorrow we'll turn it over and add the heads.

Started the day at Pick-and-Pull with son in law. We pulled an Astro tilt steering column and PS box. This Saginaw looks like a perfect match for the bracket on the original Saginaw on the Speedster. Hopefully these will solve my steering nightmare.
    Attached Files

Everything looks great, but I'd like to ask about those freeze plugs.....never saw that style freeze plug.

Comment

That's the only style I've ever used... They are Dorman from Advanced...

Comment

These appear to be cup plugs as opposed to saucer plugs. I never seen cup plugs installed this way, to me they look to be installed bassackwards.

Comment

I think you are correct. I'll bet they go in easy that way. cheers jimmijim
          Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
          These appear to be cup plugs as opposed to saucer plugs. I never seen cup plugs installed this way, to me they look to be installed bassackwards.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
          X