Good potential restoration project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good potential restoration project

Well...as we have discussed many times, projects get started...life happens...and projects become stalled or abandoned. Without passing judgement, this particular car seems to fall into this category. I don't know if it is an SDC member...but, looks like this person has had one of those moments, with a baby on the way, that speaks well of him for knowing when priorities must change.

The subject car is a 1952 Commander Hardtop. It took a few years for me to warm up to the '52's but...the '52 hardtop strikes about as good a pose for iconic early 1950's automotive art as any. The current owner has removed the front clip, but for the most part...looks like it's all there. I suspect that a serious buyer who approaches this person with a good attitude, could work a deal if this eBay ad does not produce a buyer.

Stock, rod, or resto rod/mod...this could be a great project for someone with resources, vision, and the desire to complete the build. It is a desirable coupe, it is a V8 powered Commander, and probably has the best postwar designed Steering wheel of all. I hope it finds a great future!

Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...164f3b&vxp=mtr
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

I think this car was offered to forum members a couple of weeks back...the owner is a poster here iirc. junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Not sure, but there was one that was listed sitting on a trailer in Florida. The problem I recall with that one was too few pictures and a poor ad. I don't recall this one.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
      X