Vintage Air.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Air.

Just had a family member stop by on the way home to San Antonio and was introduced to her new boy friend, turns out he works for Jack Chisenhall the owner of Vintage Air. Mr. Chisenhall owns the 1953 Bonneville Studebaker that holds the world speed record of 219.585 mph with the AC on. I know we have discussed this before, but, the new boy friend took at a look at my 64 GT Hawk and noted that they could build a system for it very easily. It gets hot here in Houston, I hope they stay together: lol: Anyway, I told him that Vintage Air should join the SDC and be part of the Studebaker family inasmuch as Mr.Chisenhall's world record was in a 1953 Stude. Small world is it not?

Mark

I saw their display in Daytona this weekend. they have some COOL looking stuff!
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Great systems too.
      But it is all about the brackets and pulleys???
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Mark, if Vintage Air does make a unit to fit the 64 GT's, I'd be on their list to purchase one or two. I have 2 64 GT projects that I'll be working on over the next few years, and I want air in both. I hope they can come up with a system that will work on an R2, as the cars are R1 and R2. I'll have to keep and eye out for their coverage of vehicles. I am sold on Vintage Air, as I've seen several of their units, and like what I've seen, so it is only a matter of them making a unit for the 64's. Thanks for posting this info, Bill Van Alstyne

Comment

I called Jack before the International Meet in Austin and invited him to come. He accepted and brought the 53.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
            Just had a family member stop by on the way home to San Antonio and was introduced to her new boy friend, turns out he works for Jack Chisenhall the owner of Vintage Air. Mr. Chisenhall owns the 1953 Bonneville Studebaker that holds the world speed record of 219.585 mph with the AC on. I know we have discussed this before, but, the new boy friend took at a look at my 64 GT Hawk and noted that they could build a system for it very easily. It gets hot here in Houston, I hope they stay together: lol: Anyway, I told him that Vintage Air should join the SDC and be part of the Studebaker family inasmuch as Mr.Chisenhall's world record was in a 1953 Stude. Small world is it not?

Mark
            I've ridden with Jack in his'53 Bonneville Studebaker.Wow! He brought it to Louisville several years ago for the Street Rod Nationals
            I recently helped him find a '53 coupe for another project. Super nice guy as are his employees.

Comment

OK I have a 64 GT R1 that uses the Vintage air brackets, Sanden compressor etc. also from them and I know I am not the only one. I guess I am not sure why this is coming up since it is already available from Vintage Air???

Dan White
              64 R1 GT
              64 R2 GT
              58 C Cab
              57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Dan,

Maybe for a complete system into the interior, including ducting and controls?
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                  Dan,

Maybe for a complete system into the interior, including ducting and controls?
                  That's right KURTRUK, he looked at my dash as well as under the hood.

Mark

Comment

I have used Vintage Air on all of my street rods. Have nothing but good things to say for their units. One of the best things they have done is change from vacuum valving to electric. Much more reliable switching heat to cool.

Bob
                    Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X