Back in Black Golden Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in Black Golden Hawks

The mirror Black paint really accentuates the sharp looking stainless and Chrome. I bought a solid black 67 SSRS 20 years ago. It looked bitchin going down the road with hide always and 8 inch vette rally's on the back. I bought it to drive every day. A body man once commented that it would we super slick if it was white. I would like to see a black GH with some torque thrust 2 wheels with bigguns on the back! Personalize the rear plate with "I'M BACK"
    Who knows someone may turn this thread YELLOW. Please show your Black Golden Hawks or someone else's.
    Thanks
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Craig

Comment

Here is one in the shade, looks even better!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GH_Solid Black4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1686628 Click image for larger version

Name:	Gray W_Leather GH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1686630 How about this almost Black Gray one, the ONLY one built with Leather Interior!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

A 1957 Golden Hawk, Black with White fins, would fill the bill.<G>

Comment

I owned my black 1957 Golden Hawk for more than nine years, but I do not have any pictures of it (or most other cars that I have owned).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
            A 1957 Golden Hawk, Black with White fins, would fill the bill.<G>
            Not a '57, but here's a '58 I owned many, many moons ago:

sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

My all-time favorite '56J was a black one with black tires and without any radio antennas, backup lights or front bumper guards. Without those chrome hiccups it was much more slick to my eye.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

That looks just right! Thanks for posting it.
                Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                Not a '57, but here's a '58 I owned many, many moons ago:

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                  My all-time favorite '56J was a black one with black tires and without any radio antennas, backup lights or front bumper guards. Without those chrome hiccups it was much more slick to my eye.

jack vines
                  Then You must like the solid 'Cambridge Gray' 56J that Palma sold with the blackwall tires, stick o/d, and the dealer installed red leather interior!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    Then You must like the solid 'Cambridge Gray' 56J that Palma sold with the blackwall tires, stick o/d, and the dealer installed red leather interior!
                    Close to perfect, but it's got those big, ugly bumper guards on it. Yeah, I know, because I was a farmer, and owning only one battery meant being able to push the farm truck to get it started. Finally, in the last years of the GT, Stude finally quit installing those cowcatchers.

jack vines
                    jack vines
                    PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Craig
                      My hometown dealer sold two new '56 Golden Hawks, but one was solid black and purchased by a fellow named Bill Tam. He had the dealer's shop install the dual four-barrel setup of the Packard Caribbean.

BTW, the other was Cambridge Grey and white.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

jack vines
                        I did work on an all black '56 GH that had standard/overdrive and not much more. It is now landfill.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Speaking of black Golden Hawks, here's a '57 that was proudly shown by its owner at the recent SDC Ocean Bay Chapter 'Octoberfest'. The interior of this Hawk is really outstanding.....and dig those wire wheels!
                          Attached Files

Comment

When I saw the floor shifter in the above Hawk, I figured the car was a stick-shift. Then I saw there was no clutch pedal, and the Stude auto trans shifter quadrant still on the column. I never had a chance to speak with this Hawk's owner, but I figure there must be a GM trans of some type behind the super-charged Studebaker engine. Why else the auto trans floor shifter? Comments?

Comment

My black O/D 56 Golden Hawk. Except for hood, side coves and under the bumper pans, paint is original.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X