1949 2r10 blinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 2r10 blinkers

My 49 2r10 has blinkers on top of the fenders. Haven't seen too many trucks like this. Is this a factory option? Mine have actual arrows in the lenses.

Growing up in New England we called them turn signals.
    Met a fellow from one of our southern states in college, he called them "which ways".
    Always cracked me up
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Not seen so much on the 1/2 tons but quite common on the larger trucks. My '49 2R15 has them, with arrows and a front facing eyebrow. There were also signals with front and back eyebrows. I think most on the 2R's were dealer installed. Not sure when the factory started installing them.
      Rick
      Kingman, AZ

Comment

Is there a registry for a 59 4E 1/2 ton?

Comment

Not that I know of.
          Rick
          Kingman, AZ

Comment

In those days, different directional signals were mandated by different states, and of course, the purchaser could specify anything that was legal. Most were installed by dealers. Several different signal systems were available on the 2R trucks, and as I recall, the earliest ones had the arrow built into the glass. I would have to do some research to confirm that. Such systems were also available on the aftermarket from any auto parts store. Dual-filament parking/signal lights did not become available until the 1956 2E-series trucks. So all directional signals installed on the 2R-3R-E - series trucks were fender-mounted like on your truck.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X